New guy
01-24-2020, (Subject: New guy ) 
RE: New guy
Cast iron? Got me there? You mean cast metal? Or have they made some sort of drastic material change in these pumps?
replyreply
They've redesigned the pumps and the housing is cast iron now. They say the flow characteristics have changed and you may experience higher OR lower pressure but don't be worried if it's lower. No shims anymore. The new pumps are fairly whiney too.

There's a service bulletin about them - Basically says don't worry about oil pressure complaints with these new pumps unless there's fault codes! Hahah.
replyreply
Don't worry about oil pressure complaints umm not sure I like the sound of that.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
01-25-2020, (Subject: New guy ) 
I made a couple of comments earlier in this post while going threw a CM870 here myself, I just want to say to go with your gut. We bought this truck out of a Ritchie sale and knowing it had 1.4m km it could need and inframe at worst, but it was a 2006 pete heavy spec set up for gravel and fit the bill. First impressions, after warm up the oil pressure would hang on the low side of 15psi, bumped idle to 800 saw less than 20, at 1500rpm saw 30, jake operation was poor to say the least and erratic. Tracked down previous owner and found out that he sold it because of oil consumption and thought it was about to blow up. Checked Rapid Serve and found that at 357k truck had coolant go through it and was inframed under warranty. dropped the pan and as listed earlier felt that it was put together with an impact gun. Dropped mains on 1 and 4 as well rods on 1 &6 bearings were good??? Put in a new oil pump (updated cast pump with no shims) checked wrist pins and nozzles and buttoned up the bottom end replaced egr and all sensors as well as followed Rawzes egr tune up. Removed rocker cover and installed the oil deflector Cummins PT#3163092 (for anyone that wants it) so i could run it and check jake solenoids. As soon as i started it the guys were yelling im pouring oil out all over the place??? upon closer inspection i found that at some point (probably when these butchers were doing the inframe) someone had replace one of the rockershaft retainers with 2 washers and the oil was pouring out the side and flooding the top end. Sorry for the long post, so now were hoping come spring this settles down and Uni gets it dialed in we might be ahead of the game. Just saying if you start into something and it doesnt feel right dont stop till you get to the end, It was sold for a reason, Find It.
[attachment=6175][attachment=6175]   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , JimT , Blott4

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.