Cam timing wedge spec
01-22-2020, (Subject: Cam timing wedge spec ) 
Cam timing wedge spec

I picked these up off fleabay. I know, my stupid mistake for trying to be a bit cheaper on a simple tool. Quickserve says there should be a line on them that should line up with the top of the head.

Does anyone have a few measurements of an authentic Cummins wedge so I can place a mark on these?

I have a digital level so I can check if the angle is correct.
replyreply
RE: Cam timing wedge spec
If the angled face of the wedge is in full contact with the cam and the wedge is perfectly 90deg to the side of the head then it's in there right - No need for a height mark.

EDIT - I use the exact same wedges, made by Dave's Tools I think. They work fine.
replyreply
RE: Cam timing wedge spec
(01-22-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  If the angled face of the wedge is in full contact with the cam and the wedge is perfectly 90deg to the side of the head then it's in there right - No need for a height mark.

EDIT - I use the exact same wedges, made by Dave's Tools I think. They work fine.
Thanx
I used them in that exact way. And quickserve says the timing of the CM870 is "robust" enough to allow a good bit of variance. So I'm good to go. Cams are in place. But if someone has a measurement for the line, it'd be nice to make it for accuracy and quick checking.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.