Learning insite scared to change settings myself
11-15-2020, (Subject: Learning insite scared to change settings myself ) 
Learning insite scared to change settings myself
I am following Rawze advice to learn Cummins insite. Without hooking it up to ecm I can do certain things, but I need to hook it up to ecm to look at work order changes and to change To the proper mandate recommendations. Scared I might #**#*$=#= it up. Is there a way to be hooked up to the ecm and change it using the simulator. I been reading all the glossary but it is only explains whaat happens if you touch certain buttons. It does not show how. Hope I explained this right
Educating myseLf
replyreply
11-16-2020, (Subject: Learning insite scared to change settings myself ) 
RE: Learning insite scared to change settings myself
Stop being a sissy. You put your toe in the water. Now get in!! Its designed to help you. Just read about what your changing before you change it and read automatic cautions before you run tests. Make note of what the original setting was before you changed it so you can go back and put it back if your not happy with it.

Your at that point where your being detrimental to your own progress because of fear. Insite is one of the easiest and user friendly softwares on the market.
replyreply
Try the help tab

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
You can't go too wrong with Insite. Now the other program however, you can change very dangerous parameters with it.
replyreply
I tend to take pics of settings with my phone before changing them.. That way i know what they were. - Only takes a couple sesonds to snap a pic or 2 of a screen full of settings.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb , aktundratugger
11-18-2020, (Subject: Learning insite scared to change settings myself ) 
subscribed!

User's Signature: Newbeee O/O
2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
X-15 565 @1850 Re-"Productive series"
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
11-18-2020, (Subject: Learning insite scared to change settings myself ) 
(11-15-2020 )rraccerr Wrote:  I am following Rawze advice to learn Cummins insite. Without hooking it up to ecm I can do certain things, but I need to hook it up to ecm to look at work order changes and to change To the proper mandate recommendations. Scared I might #**#*$=#= it up. Is there a way to be hooked up to the ecm and change it using the simulator. I been reading all the glossary but it is only explains whaat happens if you touch certain buttons. It does not show how. Hope I explained this right
Educating myseLf

Courage is being scared to death
But saddling up anyway

John Wayne

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , aktundratugger
11-19-2020, (Subject: Learning insite scared to change settings myself ) 
Have y'all played with Simulator mode yet? I know it ain't the real thing but it can help prepare you for when you do.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.