ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
01-31-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
(01-31-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  The TA mechanic made some similar recommendations!

I have a bunch of tools from Harbor Freight. I already had a craftsman socket set with your usual assortment but when I needed bigger sizes, 18mm and up or larger than 3/4", I got them all from Harbor Freight, including a whole bunch of impact sockets. The only tool from there that I ever had break was a ball joint kit that I was using on my ram 2500. The massive C clamp was no match for my ball joint and ended up being more like a J clamp when I was done. But for the price it was worth it! I just wish they had a better selection of air fittings beyond a few quick connect couplers.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-31-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
a lot of my bigger tools come from northern tool.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-01-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
(01-31-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  a lot of my bigger tools come from northern tool.

Hmm, don't have any of those stores up here in the northeast/mid-atlantic region. From their website it looks like a mashup of Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply and Sears Hardware. Looks like the kinda place I'd spend hours browsing around, until my wife calls wondering if I'm ever coming home :angel:

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-03-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
Alright... It's time to test out the truck after doing Milk2.
I booked a load for this Monday night picking up in Carlisle, PA and delivering 10mi down the road in Carlisle, PA.
It's a heavy load, 44k Lbs.
I'm hoping to collect some data from doing this short haul, and learn how my turbo reacts, while being not too far from home.
replyreply
You never did post those pictures of the inside of the intake and turbo. Hopefully you took notice or at least took the pictures of what the dealership saw. Then you can reference back and see if it was just a little extended idle or is it a growing problem.
replyreply
(02-03-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You never did post those pictures of the inside of the intake and turbo. Hopefully you took notice or at least took the pictures of what the dealership saw. Then you can reference back and see if it was just a little extended idle or is it a growing problem.

Exactly. Something caused the DPF to clog up. Simply removing the symptom won't fix the actual problem.

replyreply
03-17-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
(02-03-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You never did post those pictures of the inside of the intake and turbo. Hopefully you took notice or at least took the pictures of what the dealership saw. Then you can reference back and see if it was just a little extended idle or is it a growing problem.

Exactly. Something caused the DPF to clog up. Simply removing the symptom won't fix the actual problem.

I wasn't able to do it before I hit the road. I still don't have my tool set, but I will try to do that as soon as I can. I think the DPF got messed up from having never done a regen in a very very long time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.