Cat ACERT settlement
07-02-2016, (Subject: Cat ACERT settlement ) 
Cat ACERT settlement
http://www.overdriveonline.com/settlement
replyreply
07-02-2016, (Subject: Cat ACERT settlement ) 
RE: Cat ACERT settlement
(07-02-2016 )Brock Wrote:  http://www.overdriveonline.com/settlement
That's great news for a good friend of mine who nearly went broke because of this issue. When I asked him how many times it was replaced he told me no less than 8 times in the 2 years he owned it. He was one of the original class actions against cat.
Now when is cummins going to settle their's? By the way, I really don't blame the manufacturer's as much as epa and carb.
replyreply
07-03-2016, (Subject: Cat ACERT settlement ) 
(07-02-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  

Now when is cummins going to settle their's? By the way, I really don't blame the manufacturer's as much as epa and carb.

I want to know also when Cummins becomes clean with there issues.

Couldn't disagree more about blaming the manufactures. They all have an equal hand at producing a product that is unrealiable and very cost effective for there bottom line, not ours.

VW is only the tip of the iceberg, the feds and carb are going to really up the ante when there new found revenue checks are cashed.

This "lack of smoke" and mirrors is very profitable and provides a lot of rulemakers a very nice income from us.

I still find it amazing International and there Maxforce are allowed to be on the road with the lies they have been caught at.
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  

Couldn't disagree more about blaming the manufactures. They all have an equal hand at producing a product that is unrealiable and very cost effective for there bottom line, not ours.

VW is only the tip of the iceberg, the feds and carb are going to really up the ante when there new found revenue checks are cashed.

This "lack of smoke" and mirrors is very profitable and provides a lot of rulemakers a very nice income from us.

I still find it amazing International and there Maxforce are allowed to be on the road with the lies they have been caught at.
Well, I did say I don't blame them as much. We all know they are NOT innocent bystanders in all this crap. Can they make a better product? Sure in time. Rawze has proven that just by legal tuning it can be improved.
BUT, we all know who the bully on the playground is and that is government (epa in our case).
They FORCE the manufacturer's to add all this crap on to a allready crappie system (EGR ENGINE) and every 3 years, they have to add even more to achieve near zero emissions engine. That in itself is a joke. And a utopia pipe dream

The unforseen consequences in all this are profits to the manufacturers. Do they take advantage of it? Sure. But I honestly believe they would prefer to not have any emissions on the engine at all like back in the day.
Just my opinion.
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  

Well, I did say I don't blame them as much. We all know they are NOT innocent bystanders in all this crap. Can they make a better product? Sure in time. Rawze has proven that just by legal tuning it can be improved.
BUT, we all know who the bully on the playground is and that is government (epa in our case).
They FORCE the manufacturer's to add all this crap on to a allready crappie system (EGR ENGINE) and every 3 years, they have to add even more to achieve near zero emissions engine. That in itself is a joke. And a utopia pipe dream

The unforseen consequences in all this are profits to the manufacturers. Do they take advantage of it? Sure. But I honestly believe they would prefer to not have any emissions on the engine at all like back in the day.
Just my opinion.

I guess I'm just a pessimist because I believe they are choosing profits over helping us. The proof to me is in the cost of thees parts. I have a CM2250 and the fuel pump and Piston problem is a real BS situation. They could offer a solution at cost.

Rawze is a very intelligent person and has solved many problems, so why doesn't Cummins make him an offer to "help"?

Just say'n
replyreply
07-04-2016, (Subject: Cat ACERT settlement ) 
I think at first they didn't like it because of the cost. But now that it's out they are profiting big time. Cummins has a engine out over seas that only uses urea that's it. No egr and no dpf and it is just as clean. Why not here, because of the parts sales. They make more money on selling emmisions parts than any other. Also think of all the work at the dealers after warrenty goes out. Just pull in the parking lot of any dealer and count the trucks which probably 40% are emissions problems. DO THE MATH.
replyreply
07-09-2016, (Subject: Cat ACERT settlement ) 
The real problem comes down to the fuel we use. The oil companies have been at this long enough to have chemistry combinations that do not pollute. We already have CNG, LNG and propane versions of our engines that although not as fuel efficient don't pollute as bad, and no soot. I refuse to accept that our engines can't be as reliable as the pre emission stuff and be easy to work on. This has been a coordinated effort to keep shops and dealers fed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.