Pass Thru Device
01-25-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
Pass Thru Device
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck communicating with their ECM using Calterm with any other pass thru device besides Inline? I have a DG Tech DPA 5 and will be attempting it tomorrow. Wish me luck
replyreply
01-26-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
RE: Pass Thru Device
Just an update - this ism 350v cm875 only has the 1708 6-pin connector. I'm successful communicating via Insite however failing to communicate via Calterm.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Does Calterm require 1939 to communicate?
replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
(01-26-2020 )DieselDan Wrote:  Just an update - this ism 350v cm875 only has the 1708 6-pin connector. I'm successful communicating via Insite however failing to communicate via C@ltr!m.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Does C@ltr!m require 1939 to communicate?

use the weather-pack connector and get on the oem harness j1939?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
Unfortunately this is on an Advance Terex Mixer so unless I'm missing something I don't see the 9pin j1939 connector anywhere.

In the meantime I was able to hook the ecm up to another mixer (Oshkosh) that did have the j1939 connector.

Let me start by saying.... Wow. Even with Mama's milk in hand I think I'm opening up Pandora's box.

Going to take my time and try to decipher through everything as this cm875 ECM has a lot different parameters than the guide.

On a positive note I've already successfully gotten out of Rom-Boot mode once.

Rawze, I can see you cringing now
replyreply
01-28-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
ISM and ISX are very different engines - Use @m*m^2 as a book of principles only when working with the ISM/QSM.
replyreply
01-28-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
Thanks for that advice Signature620!

Gas tuning via hptuners/EFILive has nothing on this!

It seems like the logic is embedded pretty deep. I can see why it's important to make all the necessary provisions when tuning one of these.
replyreply
01-30-2020, (Subject: Pass Thru Device ) 
(01-27-2020 )DieselDan Wrote:  ... so unless I'm missing something

yeah,.. your missing something .. the 'Weather-pack' connector is a 3-pin triangle OEM plug build into the engine harness.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DieselDan
Ahhh - unfortunately I don't have the adapter to my pass thru device. I will have to order one.

Thanks brother!!!
replyreply
you cant flash through that plug, the ecm turn the engine side 1939 off when flashing. But for diagnostics is great.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DieselDan

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.