Bad injector
01-26-2020, (Subject: Bad injector ) 
Bad injector
I was told that my #4 injector is bad under a load (vibration feel). They want 3 to 4 hour labor @ $80 a hour. Should I pay them or do it myself. I watched Rawze video on doing a overhead and did that myself. I have attached a photo from when I did the overhead and I think the thing with the 2 wires is the injector. Is that right? Is there anything to changing out one of the injector on the cm2250?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Bad injector
Yes, the 2 wires go the injector. Do you have an cummins insite and an account on quickserve.cummins.com where you can read the install instructions?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I installed mine in my CM-871, it was not difficult at all. You will need to really read, and go over the procedures in Quickserve like hhow55 stated. If you have the tools for the overhead, you are already halfway there, but you may need a "special" tool to remove the injector. If a special tool is required to remove, it is probably worth the investment to purchase. Normally when one injector goes, the rest are soon to follow. At least that has been my experience.
replyreply
(01-26-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Yes, the 2 wires go the injector. Do you have an cummins insite and an account on quickserve.cummins.com where you can read the install instructions?

No Insite but I do have a quick serve account. I will go there and read.
replyreply
I just read the quick serve installation procedure for the new injector and I have to have Insite to load the trim code information and I do not have Insite.
replyreply
Well..... get insite then. You'll need it for a lot of things on that motor too.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2895748426

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I would be a suspect that your 80 dollar a hour shop has insite. And if the do.... would they actually change the injector code. I would make sure and watch them do it. If you go that route. I wouldn’t keep running a engine with an injector being bad and vibrating the engine.
replyreply
(01-26-2020 )Magard Wrote:  I would be a suspect that your 80 dollar a hour shop has insite. And if the do.... would they actually change the injector code. I would make sure and watch them do it. If you go that route. I wouldn’t keep running a engine with an injector being bad and vibrating the engine.

He is a good shop. The rates around here for independent shops is $80 to $95 an hour. He has insite and the real nexiq. If I have to sit there and hold his hand I may as well do it myself. Do you not have to change the code for the injector to work right?
replyreply
It will still run without the correct trim file and a LOT of "mechanics" don't bother setting them correctly. Is that how you want your engine treated?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.