Code 1894 Now what?
01-28-2020, (Subject: Code 1894 Now what? ) 
RE: Code 1894 Now what?
(01-28-2020 )JimT Wrote:  I'll assume this is a continuation of the troubleshooting from this thread.

So, you now know that the Accelerator pedal was the cause of your stop engine light.

Looks like your turbo and/or actuator might be the source of your popping sounds.

(01-18-2020 )farmer70 Wrote:  I’ve got a 2017 389 with ISX500 2350. I just bought it and am trying to figure it out. The just put new batteries in my truck before I bought it. Sometimes when I turn the key to start it it acts like the batteries are low or dead but I keep holding the key and it starts just fine. I’m guessing I need to go through and tighten all battery connections.

Right after I got loaded for the first time I was driving down an unfamiliar road and got caught around some curves by surprise any way the truck got shifted into neutral with the jakes on. The stop engine light came on. Twice I think then it went off but exhaust system fault light stayed on until the next day and then went out on its own.

A few days later I get the check engine light on going down the road it flashes goes out exhaust fault light goes on stays lit until next day., But just a few minutes after this happens I hear this sound coming from the engine compartment sounds like popping popcorn I pull up to a stop sign and the sound seems to go away when I set the brakes to check out the sound.

Last night I got loaded was leaving the plant and missed a gear or something odd I can’t really say what happened the check engine light comes on exhaust system fault indicator lamp lights up check engine light flashes again goes out. Could this all be low voltage? Also had the popcorn popping sound randomly a couple of different times it seems to quit when the truck quits moving. Sometimes you just have to put up with crap until effs up enough that you can figure it out. I think something not really serious is making my engine throw these codes but I have no idea where to begin looking. The popcorn popping sound I have no idea any guess? Right before I got my trailer loaded to leave plant last night I changed out my imap sensor also changed the Delta P sensor the other day.

Based on your original description along with the codes listed, I would still investigate possible electrical problems. I would particularly look into some common wiring harness or ground that they all might share. If you log in to quickserve you can bring up a wiring diagram for you engine, then check to see if those components are on the same harness. Go around and clean all your ground points. Check all the battery connections, make sure they aren't loose. Follow all the wires from the battery and all around the engine, look for anything that might be rubbing and shorting out.

There are also troubleshooting step in insite or quickserve for each of the fault codes, look them up and start following the steps.
Yes this is a continuation. I guess I’m too dense to understand why the truck clears the codes to read no faults found. So do you think the Turbo and actuator are possibly going out or could the fault be caused by electrical problems?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Code 1894 Now what? - farmer70 - 01-28-2020,
RE: Code 1894 Now what? - JimT - 01-28-2020,
RE: Code 1894 Now what? - farmer70 - 01-28-2020
RE: Code 1894 Now what? - JimT - 01-29-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.