ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness
01-28-2020, (Subject: ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness ) 
ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness
Has anyone had a problem with the external 15 pin injector harness? By design at least on this application it seems to be piss poor. The plug where it goes into the rocker cover (external side) doesn't leave a lot of room and seems inevitable that the wires get twisted/bent.

Last time this happened and I had injector codes I succumbed to the Cummins dealer telling me I could not buy just the 15 pin connector and pins. Therefore ended up buying the entire harness. Does anyone have any idea if it is indeed available separately?

Thanks in advance!
replyreply
01-28-2020, (Subject: ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness ) 
RE: ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness
(01-28-2020 )DieselDan Wrote:  Has anyone had a problem with the external 15 pin injector harness? By design at least on this application it seems to be piss poor. The plug where it goes into the rocker cover (external side) doesn't leave a lot of room and seems inevitable that the wires get twisted/bent.

Last time this happened and I had injector codes I succumbed to the Cummins dealer telling me I could not buy just the 15 pin connector and pins. Therefore ended up buying the entire harness. Does anyone have any idea if it is indeed available separately?

Thanks in advance!
Look is it any markings on plug, part#, manufacturer logo. Many online stores for electronic components have connectors
https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/connectors/index
https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/_/N-5g3y
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , DieselDan
01-29-2020, (Subject: ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness ) 
I don't see any markings on the connector itself other than the pid layout/identification.

As many years as this platform has been active I find it hard to believe that they don't offer the connector end for it separately.
replyreply
This will leave you with an absolute mess of butt splices but you could probably buy the pins separate and solder them in.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: DieselDan
It's Deutsch 0460 & 0462 18ga gold plated pins and sockets but on roughly a $200 harness you're going to have more in labor, parts, tooling and logistics than it's worth on a used oil sealed harness.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DieselDan , Signature620
The on @Signature posted part# 3163255 looks correct. Will that plug into my pre-existing internal harness?

They want $1000 for a new harness.

Thank you guys very much! I truly appreciate everyone on here!!!

Side note - if that harness above is correct I will definitely solder them.
replyreply
Signature, if you don't mind me asking how did you find that?

The parts guy at Tom Nehl is pissed at me now haha

God only knows how much money I've spent with them on entire harness because they told me I couldn't get the pigtails separately.

It would be nice to have that resource in my arsenal
replyreply
On Quickserve, there's a link called Electrical Connector Database on the parts page under 'related information'. It can be clunky to use but it's got a lot of important into that parts interpreters have no idea about.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DieselDan , Rawze
01-30-2020, (Subject: ISM 15-pin Inj. Harness ) 
Perfect match! Thanks again guys!!!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.