new fault code 1664 where to start ?
01-29-2020, (Subject: new fault code 1664 where to start ? ) 
new fault code 1664 where to start ?
hey everyone, i have a 2011 cm2250 that im trying to keep alive.
i have done egr tune up and had dpf and doc cleaned along with new scr.$
recently i had code 1664 pop up looking for ideas where to start.
replyreply
RE: new fault code 1664 where to start ?
basically it looks at the temperature drop between the doc intake and the dpf intake. If it doesn't see a big enough difference in temperature during a regen then it assumes that the doc is either missing or damaged. I would check sensor readings first during a regen and go from there.
replyreply
First, if you don't have free access to Cummins Quickserve, go sign up. Once logged in you can look up the fault code and then pull up the corresponding troubleshooting steps.

According to the troubleshooting steps you're supposed to:
1) look for other DOC or DPF fault codes that could cause this.
2) Insect, Clean and Test the aftertreatment injector.
3) Check for exhaust leaks between the aftertreatment injector and the DPF.
4) Inspect the DOC for damage or face plugging.

The DPF inlet temp is supposed to become hotter than the DOC inlet temp if the DOC is working properly. So, that means that the fuel being injected by the aftertreatment injector isn't being oxidized by the DOC resulting in a lack of combustion at the DPF (possibly occurring at or in the SCR can instead), or the fuel isn't reaching the DPF and is burning at the DOC face, or the fuel isn't being injected properly in the first place.

So, first pull the DPF doser, clean and test it to ensure it's working properly. If that checks out then look for exhaust leaks (the bellows pipe between the doser and the DOC inlet is a good candidate). If that doesn't yield any results your next step is to pull the DOC and thoroughly inspect it for damage.

My money would be on the doser injector or the fuel delivery to the injector.

Speaking of fuel delivery, have you serviced/updated your fuel pump?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-30-2020, (Subject: new fault code 1664 where to start ? ) 
also, none of that system is going to work properly if you have engine sensors reading wrong and clogged up.

do a complete egr tune-up while your at it and replace the IMAP and other important sensors. The exhaust system only gets clogged up and fails because the engine is not running right. Its a 'filter' .. it don't make soot,... is collects it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.