ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
03-11-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
RE: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
I just wanted to say that it's a great feeling to be working on my own stuff!

Thank you, everyone for helping!
replyreply
Just don't knock any chunks of soot or carbon into the block when you are working on the intake side, that would be the driver side of the motor. And yes, it is fun to actually know how to work on these things.
replyreply
(03-11-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  Actually....I just found that tube. Thank you.

So you just blow pressurized air through it huh?

Can you tell me about any other things that need attention? Like maybe that big tube that goes across the top?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Yes, the tube that goes over the top of the engine is usually referred to as the crossover tube. Take that off, clean it out with carb cleaner and a cheap brush or a rag or whatever works for you. Brake cleaner works too but can leave a film that actually attracts soot.

As for finding more stuff to do, start browsing older posts in the different forums here. You'll find a lot of things that have popped up for one or more people over the years. There's always something to do on these trucks!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Edjahman
03-12-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
OK thank you.

Take care!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.