ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
01-30-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
RE: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
It's had an FST filtration solutions bypass oil filter since day one and he changed the oil and bypass filter every 15K.
replyreply
(01-30-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  
(01-30-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  The previous owner took it in to have the overhead done and apparently the cam was bad so it's got a new cam.

Also one of the sensors, the tip broke off, so I believe all of the sensors have been replaced but I'll ask Peterbilt next week because it's going in for a DPF cleaning.

I'll post a pic of the IMAP sensor. I've cleaned it before on my old tractor.

What about the piping that gets clogged with soot etc and other things. Should I just watch the EGR tuneup videos on YouTube and go by that?

When should I have the overhead adjusted again?

Thank you

You had a bad cam when? Just over 200K ?!?! Wow someone was abusing that engine with very long oil drain intervals!! That is NOT normal.

In your opinion, looking at the facts here, do you still believe that it has been abused?
replyreply
I can't speak to your situation, engine or friend, but even the best of us abused equipment at one point in our careers until we learned otherwise. Prior to finding this site I was like the rest who bought in to the idea that lower RPM's are good and letting it pull all the way down to 1000 rpm before downshifting.

I think the point to focus on is that unless you personally drove and maintained that truck from day one, you should treat it as though it had been abused and don't take anything for granted. Also, don't believe what the dealers tell you. They probably got paid for doing warranty work and picked the best option for their bottom line. Not like the owner would care, right? It's covered under warranty...

How does that saying go? Trust, but verify.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Yeah I understand.

So anyway I'm just here to try and learn how to take proper care of it going forward.

Thank you for your replies!
replyreply
(01-30-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  Yeah I understand.

So anyway I'm just here to try and learn how to take proper care of it going forward.

Thank you for your replies!

You are in the right place, and do not take anything personal, we are all here to learn and help.
replyreply
Oh no it's OK.

Believe me when he took it to Peterbilt around Thanksgiving to get the overhead adjusted and he told me that, I had alarm bells going off like crazy.

If I hadn't known him and run with him and worked on equipment with him for such a long time I wouldn't have purchased this unit.

He still works for our company as a mechanic now.

He's in his mid 60's and he's been trucking for 40+ years and his Dad who's in his 80's also trucked for as long.

I'd be really shocked if he abused this tractor and gave me a lemon but I guess stranger things have happened.

Anyway, onward and upward my friends!

This is an excellent forum and I'm happy to be part of it for sure!
replyreply
02-29-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
(01-29-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I posted part numbers on another thread but I'll post them here as well, 288k is quite abit late, no more than 150k miles on sensors and while you have everything out of the way I would run the overhead too because waiting til 500k you might be replacing the camshaft. Post pics of the imap when you pull it I'm interested to see how it looks.
My engine is a Performance series so this may or may not be the right numbers for your X15
Egr temp #5461596
Egr differential #4358939
Exhaust pressure #4928594
Imap #2897334 <------ double check this number quickserve is not showing it for the X15

So I'm going to finally get these sensors. Peterbilt is talking like 500 for all 4.

You guys recommend yearly replacement of all 4?

Thank you
replyreply
Most of us do overheads yearly...250k max IMO
replyreply
(02-29-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  Most of us do overheads yearly...250k max IMO

Yeah thats OK.

I was referring to the sensors though.

Thank you
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.