ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
01-30-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
RE: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
(01-30-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  Thank you.

The previous owner said the fuel pump issue was an ISX issue but apparently not huh?

I guess I'll have to have it rebuilt like you said.

As far as the one piece dpf scr canister, I'm still learning about that.

Take care

the fuel pump is still an issue... only change they made was for it to have a separate oil circuit so it does not destroy (hopefully) the whole engine like the older model engine... but it still fails, and still has same problems!.

replace the guts every 400k miles and you prevent it.

--
however --- you said the cam has already been wiped out -- I would replace the fuel pump guts now.. because if some dips$%it was doing 30k or even 50k oil changes and wiped that overhead cam out already, then there is now at least 500k or miles worth of wear in that whole engine!-- sounds like you have purchased someone else's neglected abused garbage it sounds like... and now you will have to face all the problems associated .

i hope you did not pay a lot of money for that truck, is all I can think of after you saying the cam has already been wiped out. -- someone who sold it likely knew it too.

your also going to want to do most of all the other 500k maintenance items as well + start running a gallon of gear oil in it at every oil change.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup - Rawze - 01-30-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.