Smelly exhaust
07-02-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
Wink Smelly exhaust
Hello guys !
My truck suddenly has smelly exhaust & a lil white blueish smoke... Doesn't run different just stinks makes eyes burn . Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: Smelly exhaust
does it smell mostly like fuel?, oil? or coolant?

Are you loosing more coolant? ... Oil?

fuel mileage go down quite a bit?

When you open the oil filler tube cap, can you see a lot of extra smoke in there as well?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just read an article where a Detroit guy had this problem and the dealership said everything was in compliance. Pittsburg Power put in some different pistons and a VG turbo on and it went to an average of 8.6mpg with no stink. Like Rawze says....what does it smell like?
replyreply
Thanks guys , it's not loosing coolant or using oil at all ! The smell I would have to guess is fuel like, if I stand on the deck plate , I haven't pulled the oul cap off but will do tomorrow for sure! Thank you
replyreply
07-03-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
By chance did you do the gear oil in the crankcase thing? That stuff stinks at first.
replyreply
I did do the gear oil thing but I've been doing now since I joined this forum last year, this is new week or so ago thanks
replyreply
A buddy of mine said it smells like one of his trucks did when he lost an injector, I did the injector cut out test all but #3 will stall the truck
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  A buddy of mine said it smells like one of his trucks did when he lost an injector, I did the injector cut out test all but #3 will stall the truck

A healthy engine will run on one cylinder at a time unless it is tight from a recent re-build.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  A buddy of mine said it smells like one of his trucks did when he lost an injector, I did the injector cut out test all but #3 will stall the truck

A healthy engine will run on one cylinder at a time unless it is tight from a recent re-build.

So would you say injectors Rawze?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.