Smelly exhaust
07-04-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
RE: Smelly exhaust
(07-03-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  So would you say injectors Rawze?

It very well could be but Not necessarily,.. It could be carbon packing in the rings making the engine tighter than normal,. or weak actuators,.. or perhaps very poor quality fuel, etc.

I know that the engine fan and A/C compressor being on can be just enough to stall one out while firing on only one injector too.

Excess exhaust back-pressure or inlet restrictions/leaks can cause it too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-17-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
(07-02-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  does it smell mostly like fuel?, oil? or coolant?

Are you loosing more coolant? ... Oil?

fuel mileage go down quite a bit?

When you open the oil filler tube cap, can you see a lot of extra smoke in there as well?

Smells like straight up fuel Rawze no loss of coolant no loss of oil just got it back from having camshafts replaced no smoke at filler cap either. Thanks
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
cut out 1 cylinder at a time then let it run see if the smell goes away. Also take a temp gun to exhaust manifold and see if any temp differences. you may have to bump up rpm a little and try to run on one cylinder. We are talking about a isx right?
replyreply
It could be the Doser injector leaking. Pull the Doser pipe away from the back of the turbo and crank the engine. Look to see if the Doser is leaking fuel or coolant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  It could be the Doser injector leaking. Pull the Doser pipe away from the back of the turbo and crank the engine. Look to see if the Doser is leaking fuel or coolant.

Awesome tip Rawze Thank you I will post what I find
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  cut out 1 cylinder at a time then let it run see if the smell goes away. Also take a temp gun to exhaust manifold and see if any temp differences. you may have to bump up rpm a little and try to run on one cylinder. We are talking about a isx right?
Sorry I hadn't seen this reply Gearhead Yes this is an ISX 871I will give that a shot as well & will post findings . Thanks again
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  It could be the Doser injector leaking. Pull the Doser pipe away from the back of the turbo and crank the engine. Look to see if the Doser is leaking fuel or coolant.

Silly question Rawze but w mandate dorment, that dozer injector should be completely dry when I pull it off, Correct? Ty
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 

Silly question Rawze but w mandate dorment, that dozer injector should be completely dry when I pull it off, Correct? Ty

Just because it may not be "told" to operate any more, it can still leak if it goes bad. If mine started leaking, I would replace it with a new one even if it was not being used any more just to prove that you were maintaining your emissions system properly, but that is just me.

replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: Smelly exhaust ) 
(08-19-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  

Just because it may not be "told" to operate any more, it can still leak if it goes bad. If mine started leaking, I would replace it with a new one even if it was not being used any more just to prove that you were maintaining your emissions system properly, but that is just me.
That's a great idea Thanks again ! It's giving me 4.4 mpg as we soeak.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.