Buyer Beware!
07-03-2016, (Subject: Buyer Beware! ) 
Buyer Beware!
Helped someone out today with their truck. they just purchased it 2 days ago. this is what we found...

{**Content removed by protection bot**}

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Buyer Beware!
For $500 my local cummins will do a full inspection including a dyno run, check out in the valve cover, scope etc.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Wow. That sucks.
What causes the oil leak at the number 5 exhaust?
Valve guides?
Would a leaking injector cause this?
I just noticed, before I saw the video, that my #5 exhaust is showing signs of a leak. Not fresh wet oil. Looks like dirt covered fuel. I'm going to do the smell test, clean and watch tomorrow.
replyreply
Rawze, that's incredibly SUCKS for that guy! Kudos to you for pointing it out so he knows,and hopefully the "Big Name Used Truck Sales" outfit does right by him.

(07-03-2016 )Brock Wrote:  For $500 my local cummins will do a full inspection including a dyno run, check out in the valve cover, scope etc.
Which location is that Brock?
What will they do if they find out its un-mandated?
Now that CWC Saskatoon knows I'm un-mandated, the service advisors won't even return my voicemails when I call to ask questions. No shi#t, I've had over half a dozen voicemails never replied to, I don't even waste my time with them anymore.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Rawze, that's incredibly SUCKS for that guy! Kudos to you for pointing it out so he knows,and hopefully the "Big Name Used Truck Sales" outfit does right by him.

(07-03-2016 )Brock Wrote:  For $500 my local cummins will do a full inspection including a dyno run, check out in the valve cover, scope etc.
Which location is that Brock?
What will they do if they find out its un-mandated?
Now that CWC Saskatoon knows I'm un-mandated, the service advisors won't even return my voicemails when I call to ask questions. No shi#t, I've had over half a dozen voicemails never replied to, I don't even waste my time with them anymore.

The edmonton location. they have a sign out front advertising right now. They would probably do the same thing as stoon.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
07-04-2016, (Subject: Buyer Beware! ) 
When I was shopping for my compliant truck at those type of resellers, they all offered a warranty of some type. Any luck this guy might have a little coverage and not told?

Once again Kudos to you Rawze for taking the time to teach and educate others of seemingly simple but life changing situations. Hope it all works out.
replyreply
Wow! That just made me sick.
replyreply
I would be right back at that dealer Tuesday morning with the truck. There has to be some way to get out of the deal. If he wrote them a check for the down payment it can be clawed back if it's less than 2 weeks.

If they won't fix the problems, give them the truck back!

I think it's safe to assume every used truck needs an overhaul, day one unless they can document all repairs and maintenance. Good luck with that!
Even then you never know how it was driven.

I don't know when it happened but ethics are a thing of the past. You are either predator or prey these days and it is just wrong on every level!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
You learn something new everyday, thank you Rawze!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.