Installing gauges
02-06-2020, (Subject: Installing gauges ) 
Installing gauges
2016 t680
I’m trying to install a pyro gauge and haven’t been successful.
Can I tap Power, ground and ignition into radio?

I’ve found the wires needed for that but can’t find where to get power for lights. I thought it would be easy to tap into a wire behind the light switch. When checking for power with a test light I couldn’t figure out how the switch works and the illumination light burnt out for headlight switch. Gave up on that idea.
I’ve seen Rawze video on install but my fuse box is different.
How have others wired their gauges?
replyreply
06-07-2020, (Subject: Installing gauges ) 
RE: Installing gauges
Rawze has a video on YouTube!
Rawze always says don’t pull amps from a unknown circuit”
Start at Fuse panel to tap for power!
replyreply
[quote='Pd6cas2' pid='54368' dateline='1591533715']
Rawze always says don’t pull amps from a unknown circuit”
Start at Fuse panel to tap for power!
[/10 Pack - EPAuto 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade Fuse Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYQM6EO/ref...3EbHD6NSWK
replyreply
When I installed the GlowShift gauges in my 2008 ProStar...

I ran one wire from each source, and tapped into into those wires. I have three gauges installed, and three taps in each wire if that makes sense? These are low voltage, so you can daisy chain without issue. I would not tap into my factory radio, they do not play well with other electronics hooked up. I try to butcher my factory wiring as little as possible, as bad things always happen down the road.

How I did it...

I ran a power line, the 12 volt constant, from the fuse block and used those blue plier pinch wire taps for the gauges.

I ran a ground from the firewall using an eyelet and a self tapping screw, again, tapped in with those blue clips.

The gauge light/dimmer, I tapped a line off of the dimmer switch from in the dash, ran a wire from there, and tapped into it for the gauges.

Here are the taps I used, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-20-Co...lsrc=aw.ds

You can find them just about anywhere there is an auto parts or electrical section.

If you have time, and this is a good project if you have electronics in your truck, I have installed two of these Blue Sea fuse panels. They were a real life saver with my stereo and other gadgets up in front. I was able to direct wire and ground these to the truck, no interference, just good clean power. https://amzn.to/2MEaqUU
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
I’ve got Constant, Ground and Switched already. I can’t figure out the dimmer. I’ve already tried the dimmer switch and when I turn lights on the gauge gets brighter. I don’t know what else to try
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.