05' cm870
02-07-2020, (Subject: 05' cm870 ) 
05' cm870
Quick question so I deleted the mandate on my 05' CM870 is it necessary to install the plugs in the intake and exhaust manifolds to properly finish the delete, Or just closing the EGR valve with the computer! is that sufficient enough to not continue to cause harm to my engine?
replyreply
RE: 05' cm870
1st off, who did your programming? If it wasn't Unilevers or Mommaburt or even Gearhead than you probably just wasted your money to then in turn burn up your engine. This is not an understatement.

To answer your question, the name of the game is to NEVER allow EGR to enter the engine again. EGR valves have a tendency over time to rot. They begin to open and you never know it till your engine starts running bad. You need to take the proper measures to NEVER have this happen because if it does the engine will have no idea what's happening because the programming is no longer set up to deal with EGR.

So yes, welding your EGR valve COMPLETELY shut and/or putting in a thick stainless steel blocking plate in between the valve and the exhaust manifold needs to happen.

Then theres the problem with the intake side. Over time the old piping that wraps around the back of the engine rots and leaks. That in turn causes a boost leak. You'll want to install proper blocking plate(s) to ensure you dont get any leaks from these hard to reach pipes.

You'll also want to freshen up the remaining sensors. These are now the only things that report back to engine to keep it running correctly. Without them reading correctly, because of years of soot being shoved in them, the engine cannot run correctly. Its just doesn't know how to because the information it's being fed is incorrect. If you haven't changed the Exhaust gas back pressure sensor, Intake manifold pressure sensor, intake manifold Temperature sensor and even the Barometric pressure sensor (this one doesn't clog with soot but does begin to read inaccurately over time) then go ahead and change these out and stay on top of keeping these sensors reading correctly. They wont be getting sooted up as much but they do tend to wear and become inaccurate over time. Especially the exhaust pressure sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: 05' cm870
James105, did you go with a delete kit or make your own? If so what kit did you use I've been looking and haven't found one yet that looks complete for the cm870's. Good luck with the rest of your project.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.