Oil on IMAP plug
07-04-2016, (Subject: Oil on IMAP plug ) 
RE: Oil on IMAP plug
People tend to blame the O-rings of the crossover plug . The problem actually is the plug pins itself ! This is where the oil is coming from ! Even with little to no crankcase pressure present at all !!!
This plug design is not for this application at all . Blame it on whoever you want, but there's solution for it .
If you hate seeing oil , simply fix it and teach others.
replyreply
(07-03-2016 )TeaspoonSean Wrote:  Yes, it most likely is the engine brake plug, is there a simple solution to the oil building up inside its plug?

Crank case pressure buildup from an aging enigne is the culprit for oil leaking out of the engine brake harness. If that pressure gets bad enough, it will damage the turbocharger and much more.

Most people do not change their crank case filter often enough, and it is also expensive.

Here is what most people do to relieve the pressure and eliminate the filter ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

It is the simplest and most effective solution out there, and no harm to the vehicle is done by doing so.
replyreply
Cummins themselves now sell crankcase filter with no filter LOL. I wouldn't believe it but i have seen it. The problem with the jake brake harness is oil wicking threw the wires threw the pins then it starts wicking down threw the harness going to the ecm.
replyreply
(07-04-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Cummins themselves now sell crankcase filter with no filter LOL. I wouldn't believe it but i have seen it. The problem with the jake brake harness is oil wicking threw the wires threw the pins then it starts wicking down threw the harness going to the ecm.

Same type of issue the old volvo d12d had with the injector harness. guys would keep swapping out $1000 injectors when it was just a $200 harness leaking at the head connection. I knew one guy who swapped the injectors and it was still acting up so he thought the head was toast and put it for sale for parts, I saw it online and felt bad cause his kids grew up with my wife so I called him and told him what to do and sure as shi#t......

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(07-04-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Cummins themselves now sell crankcase filter with no filter LOL. I wouldn't believe it but i have seen it. The problem with the jake brake harness is oil wicking threw the wires threw the pins then it starts wicking down threw the harness going to the ecm.
Do you happen to have a part number for this filterless crankcase filter?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
3691476 I just got one a couple days ago from Edmonton cummins. lots in Stock. .. lowered my crankcase pressure alot.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.