Features and parameters
02-08-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
Features and parameters
Cm871, does the air conditioning pressure switch input under features and parameters need to be enabled for the ac to work properly or for proper fan operation? On mine it's disabled but looking at someone else's setup it's enabled with the minimum fan on time set to 180 sec. Any help is greatly appreciated.
replyreply
RE: Features and parameters
mine is on a cm2350 but it is also disabled. I enabled once a few years ago out of curiosity and the fan just stayed on constantly. i would guess maybe the body control module handles the fan control for the ac
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
body controller controlls the fan and ac clutch function.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo , Waterloo
02-09-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
(02-08-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Cm871, does the air conditioning pressure switch input under features and parameters need to be enabled for the ac to work properly or for proper fan operation? On mine it's disabled but looking at someone else's setup it's enabled with the minimum fan on time set to 180 sec. Any help is greatly appreciated.

it is normal for those settings to be all turned off. Most trucks any more, the fan is on the J1939 data harness, requested by the cab controller. the engine watches for this request and turns it on/off via this data-request without any kind of actual hard-wire inputs.

the A/C compressor / AC clutch operation is NOT connected or controlled by the engine computer,.. that is all cab controller that does this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-13-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
Would anyone that has a cm871 post a pic of their expanded features and parameters? So I can compare it with mine. TIA
replyreply
02-14-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
(02-13-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Would anyone that has a cm871 post a pic of their expanded features and parameters? So I can compare it with mine. TIA

you never specified the make/model/year truck. I can only assume it is a 2011 prostasr based on this post? http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid46911

here is an example of a typical 2010/2011 prostar ...

.pdf  FAP-05-12-2014.pdf (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 202)

I tried to pick a file that did not have someone's personal info it it, so Although the vin# and a couple other non-critical things were not set properly on it, everything on the truck worked just fine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-14-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
I have a 2010 prostar 871, like yauchout said, enabling the switch the fan will run constantly
replyreply
02-15-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
That's great, thanks for the file Rawze.
replyreply
02-15-2020, (Subject: Features and parameters ) 
I noticed one parameter, active regeneration in PTO and remote modes, it's disabled. I don't see that setting in the file Rawze sent. Should that be enabled?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.