No boost......no power
02-29-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
Ct is caltherm

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
Depending on location I'd be willing to stop in if it was close to my route. Or remote in via TeamViewer to look at live data...a couple options.
replyreply
C@lterm is a different program entirely than insite. It's not at all user friendly and if you don"t really even know how to use insite you should probably just forget about trying to use it yourself. Not trying to be mean I just don't want you to waste time monkeying around with it just to get nowhere in the end. You might want to take someone up on an offer to remote in on teamviewer.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
its either fuel delivery or air pressurization problem. even a truck with leaks should be able to hit 30+ lbs. i can set my turbo at 0% and still build 32PSI. i would go into insite and do a cylinder cut out test and make sure each cylinder can run on its own by running 1 cylinder at a time.

i would also look at crank and cam position sensors, i would also use insite data monitor while goin down the road to make sure fuel pressure stays at 250-280psi if not more.

if that doesnt do it maybe drop the water and uninstall the turbo actuator and move the turbo side around to make sure its not stuck and not setting a code. i would then run the actuator calibration then reinstall the actuator as per quickserve instructions and then do the installed calibration.

with the data erratic you said about IMAP i would also look for any chaffed wires in the loom or try to get a known good ECM you can put your program in and run the truck see if it helps if an ECM doesnt help and no bad wires then it might not be electrical but mechanical in the fuel/timing actuators or turbo done worn out.

if the issue isnt found in all this i would recommend getting more highly trained eyes on it.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(02-29-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  Depending on location I'd be willing to stop in if it was close to my route. Or remote in via TeamViewer to look at live data...a couple options.
I am on the south west corner of Kansas City, just a few miles south of I 35 hwy. Uni helped me one time with teamveiwer trying to get my original insite purchase up and going. I appreciate your offer, if you have time that would be great!
replyreply
(02-29-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  C@lterm is a different program entirely than insite. It's not at all user friendly and if you don"t really even know how to use insite you should probably just forget about trying to use it yourself. Not trying to be mean I just don't want you to waste time monkeying around with it just to get nowhere in the end. You might want to take someone up on an offer to remote in on teamviewer.

Yes calterm would be way out of my league. I was racking my brain to figure out what is a CT program .....it was a hand plant to the forehead when hhow55 chimed in.
replyreply
Darn, I went through KC this afternoon. But I should have time to remote in Monday.
replyreply
03-01-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
(02-29-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  its either fuel delivery or air pressurization problem. even a truck with leaks should be able to hit 30+ lbs. i can set my turbo at 0% and still build 32PSI. i would go into insite and do a cylinder cut out test and make sure each cylinder can run on its own by running 1 cylinder at a time.

i would also look at crank and cam position sensors, i would also use insite data monitor while goin down the road to make sure fuel pressure stays at 250-280psi if not more.

if that doesnt do it maybe drop the water and uninstall the turbo actuator and move the turbo side around to make sure its not stuck and not setting a code. i would then run the actuator calibration then reinstall the actuator as per quickserve instructions and then do the installed calibration.

with the data erratic you said about IMAP i would also look for any chaffed wires in the loom or try to get a known good ECM you can put your program in and run the truck see if it helps if an ECM doesnt help and no bad wires then it might not be electrical but mechanical in the fuel/timing actuators or turbo done worn out.

if the issue isnt found in all this i would recommend getting more highly trained eyes on it.

I did a cylinder cut out test and the engine ran on each cylinder, one at a time. I also looked at
my fuel pressure from the test drive, it ranged from 271-301psi.
Another forum member Big Roy ( he is the one who has tuned my truck ) , lives about 90 miles from me and I know he has a spare ECM, he could put my tune in and swap for my re-manufactured ECM.
replyreply
03-12-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
Just an update. My boost did come back while driving the other day, it ran great all day. In fact it was over boosting a little too much, 40-45 lbs under load. Shut the truck off for a while and went back to start it and it was very hard to start. Drove back the shop for the night, it ran great again. The next morning it would not start. Cranked and cranked, did not fire once. I had power at the fuel solenoid. I gave it a little shot of either and it would run for a second or 2. At this point I am thinking my ECM might be the going bad. So I called Big Roy, who has an spare ECM and he installed my tune in it. I installed the spare ECM and it started and ran. Out of curiosity, I re-installed my old ECM, it started and ran. Took it for a short test drive and it quit running. Swapped back the spare ECM and it started/ran and is still working. So I safe to assume I have a bad ECM?

After watching several of Rawze's awesome videos I decided to check out turbo actuator and turbo. Standing there looking at the turbo, my gear arm does not go all the way to the left or rear of the motor. I cannot see part of the alignment hole when all the way to the left. It will go a little past the hole to the right as on the videos. Would this problem cause it to under boost and now a little over boosting? Does this mean I need a new turbo?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.