No boost......no power
03-12-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
Just an update. My boost did come back while driving the other day, it ran great all day. In fact it was over boosting a little too much, 40-45 lbs under load. Shut the truck off for a while and went back to start it and it was very hard to start. Drove back the shop for the night, it ran great again. The next morning it would not start. Cranked and cranked, did not fire once. I had power at the fuel solenoid. I gave it a little shot of either and it would run for a second or 2. At this point I am thinking my ECM might be the going bad. So I called Big Roy, who has an spare ECM and he installed my tune in it. I installed the spare ECM and it started and ran. Out of curiosity, I re-installed my old ECM, it started and ran. Took it for a short test drive and it quit running. Swapped back the spare ECM and it started/ran and is still working. So I safe to assume I have a bad ECM?

After watching several of Rawze's awesome videos I decided to check out turbo actuator and turbo. Standing there looking at the turbo, my gear arm does not go all the way to the left or rear of the motor. I cannot see part of the alignment hole when all the way to the left. It will go a little past the hole to the right as on the videos. Would this problem cause it to under boost and now a little over boosting? Does this mean I need a new turbo?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No boost......no power - Roysbigtoys - 03-12-2020
RE: No boost......no power - Unilevers - 03-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.