No boost......no power
03-13-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
(03-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  Perhaps take a nice clear photo, top-down view, and post it here for both positions.

does it hang up/ have any hard-spots through its travel range?

Also, I hope you are aware that 40+ and higher lbs of boost can crack a piston or the head in a hurry on that CM871. Very dangerous letting it get that high.

-- As far as the ecm goes, the CM871 ecm is known for going bad, becoming intermittent, and engine not starting. When this happens and it is in this intermittent condition, the electric fuel pump will also not operate.

As far as it making the turbo do wierd things, that would not likely be an ecm issue itself.
I will pull it back apart and take few pictures. The gear arm moved freely back and forth, it just looked like it wasn't going all the way to the rear like in the videos. I talk to YTS turbo, he thinks I need a new turbo. Do I go with the stock turbo he offers or the modified one? I am not looking for more boost, just better mpg and performance. Anyone tried his modified one? Or do I buy a re-man turbo elsewhere for about half the price?

Back when my truck was running "normal" the boost would get to almost 40lbs if you stayed in it too long. Is that something that can be lowered in my tune?
My bad ecm is a re-conditioned Cummins ecm. I have found online re-mans ( onlindieselecmexchange.com, dieselecm.com ) with lifetime warranties for $400-1100. Have you guys tried any of these? Are there new ones online? My Kenworth stealership will sell me a new ecm for about $2100.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No boost......no power - Roysbigtoys - 03-13-2020
RE: No boost......no power - Unilevers - 03-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.