No boost......no power
03-19-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
(03-19-2020 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  How many miles on the actuator?
I like the fix it and be done with it method.
I am the same way...fix it and be done, but I am also trying not to keep throwing new parts at it. I bought the truck used 5 years ago and I have no idea how long it has been on.

I had gotten a VGT code about a year ago on my 2014 isx15. This was before I had Insite and long before Rawze chewed on me for NOT having Insite. I was out in the Cali desert on I10 when it coded. So my choice was the dealership in Phoenix. Fact was because I didn't have Insite I was at their mercy and they said I needed a new actuator. So I paid the fiddler and went on.

3 months later pulling into the CBP check station outside of El Paso the truck just DIED. Finally got it started and made it to San Antonio. Took it back to the dealership. They were shocked to find that the Truck side connector for my new actuator was cracked and the tech in Phoenix had WIRE TIED the new connector to the cracked side so it would retain connection. They fixed it at no charge to me.

Point here is this, I don't think I ever needed a new actuator. I think it was a bad connection all along, but it much easier to simply throw parts at something than to actually fix the problem.

Thanks to Rawze's harsh words of awakening to me and the help of SnailExpress I do not ever leave home without my Insite. I wish you much luck with your problem, I know you'll solve it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys

Messages In This Thread
RE: No boost......no power - kozakvod - 03-19-2020
RE: No boost......no power - Unilevers - 03-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.