Code 1894 vgt abnormal update rated
02-11-2020, (Subject: Code 1894 vgt abnormal update rated ) 
Code 1894 vgt abnormal update rated
I'm getting code 1894 I've checked for a wiring fault best I know how and checked all the connectors I'm assuming it's a problem inside the actuator. the thing is I can only seem to find recon actuators where I'm at right now. I guess I'm asking is a recon actuator good enough or is it safe to drive until I can get to a place that has a new one
replyreply
RE: Code 1894 vgt abnormal update rated
Have a really good look for chaffing of the wiring harness between the ECM and actuator. It can absolutely be an internal issue but most of the time it's exposed wiring.

ReCon actuators are usually either bad out of the box or good for years out of the box - You'll know pretty quickly what your prospects are.
replyreply
(02-11-2020 )Yauchout Wrote:  I'm getting code 1894 I've checked for a wiring fault best I know how and checked all the connectors I'm assuming it's a problem inside the actuator. the thing is I can only seem to find recon actuators where I'm at right now. I guess I'm asking is a recon actuator good enough or is it safe to drive until I can get to a place that has a new one

how many occurrences of it? . if it is constant, and many occurrences of it, then it could be a problem. otherwise, if it is rare, then check wiring harness, atc... and ignore it. -- see a lot of them do this as they get older, hurts nothing usually.

it could also be a j1939 issue somewhere that is causing the fault too, unrelated to the turbo.

check resistance of j1939 pins on the weather-pack connector out on the engine (keyswitch off). make sure it is 60 ohms, and 120 ohms when the actuator is unplugged.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
insite shows 6 occurrences total the light came on Friday but went out on its own stayed off all weekend and was back on today stayed on for a while but is back off..
replyreply
02-12-2020, (Subject: Code 1894 vgt abnormal update rated ) 
is that the only code your getting?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.