Off road isx15
02-12-2020, (Subject: Off road isx15 ) 
Off road isx15
Can I turn off everything behind the turbo . I’ll deal w/ the egr and turbo actuator. Is there a procedure to accomplish this . Just demandate the dpf and scr
replyreply
RE: Off road isx15
Mr Rawze, this man need's help.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I think I’m bout to get yelled at , Hahahaha.
replyreply
As far as getting yelled at, ... don't blindly jump into and do stupid things .. ASK FIRST, read and learn .. and then if you still do it .. then you need to be yelled at .. lol

Assuming you live in a country that allows such modifications...>

- What your asking for is a de-mandate.

- I have seen a few guys who do leave the egr-gas itself operating/flowing/programmed into the engine, ( I think maybe that is what you are asking about?, half-way shutting off the emissions systems? not not all of it?, not sure) .. but in the end, they realize that unless there is a specific (pretty rare) need for that continued torture to the engine of that egr gas itself, it soot-packing, sensor-killing, oil-contaminating engine life sucking gas to stay present,.. then most of them end up turning the egr gas off too after a while, because they realize how silly it is to try to keep it on there, because it causes more harm to leave it on, and letting it eat away at the engine and its oil system, than simply turning it off and being done with it for good. <- This has nothing to do with actually removing any hardware from the engine.

If you are referring to removing hardware (regardless of turning everything off) ... well,.. In a proper de-mandate, there is no need to remove any components on the engine at all. It is only stupid people who do stupid things that do those kind of hack-job garbage modifications.

Lastly, you made mention of removing the turbo, or part of it -- IT TAKES A REALLY STUPID, COMPLETE F$CKING MORON TO EVEN CONSIDER THIS AND ANYONE WHO WOULD TELL YOU THIS IS JUST AS COMPLETELY CLUELESS! -- RUN AS FAST AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM ANY PEOPLE WHO WOULD EVEN DARE TO TELL YOU THESE THINGS AS THEY ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOTS AND HACK-N-SLASH ECM BUTCHERS OF THEM ALL!.

You did not mention year, make, model truck or engine, history, or anything. No one knows what you have until you describe it properly.

DON;T END UP like all these people who thoght they were making good decisions too... and royally screwed up! => http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
There are plenty of people on this forum with properly de-mandated engines that have literally millions of miles on them, no issues, run extremely well, very high reliability, long life on their factory turbo and other components. sure, the exhaust cans are hollowed out internally (100% open as much as possible is the only proper way, not some half-arssed drilled holes BS),.. but Nothing had to be removed, especially not that turbo, or egr cooler, or other components. That way of removing, or replacing that turbo stuff way of thinking is just ridiculous to even think about. There are ways to do this stuff properly... The HARD PART is staying away form that tempting dipt#shi#t around every street corner that claims they can do it right, as 98+% OF THEM CANNOT!!!, and that first big red g&oddamn flag is that same idiot telling someone to remove their turbo or egr cooler, or other components. - SAD PART is that most truck owners are just uneducated on this stuff enough to believe them, they are the victims of these types of people and who they prey upon while they take your money and run when you have any kind of real problem later on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Do it right or dont do it. That turbo is not the problem these hack job so called tuners make it out to be. It just needs tuned properly to do what its supposed to. EGR? Thats the part that murders perfectly good engines.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , hhow55
02-15-2020, (Subject: Off road isx15 ) 
Thank you soooo much for responding. We have a couple isx15 ( 2250) and couple isx15 ( 2350) year 2012-2016 . They have 400,000-650,000 miles . We’re in the middle of no where . We were just wondering if there is a procedure in de- mandating the cac, dpf, scr, def , ( everything behind the turbo) . We don’t want to change the calibration to the engine ( we live in middle of nowhere). We’ve replaced most of the turbo actuators ( the gear seizes at bout 500,000 miles, ). Like I said , we can handle the egr, egr cooler, turbo issues as they arise. Basically turn our 2015 isx into a 2005 isx . Oh, we get bout 8.1 mpg and little to none oil consumption. Service interval at 12,000 - 14,0000, thank you soooo much
replyreply
Have you rebuilt the fuel pumps on those 2250/2350 engines ? If not that's the FIRST thing you should be worried about. Don't end up like this guy

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5824

He didn't take it seriously and now he has a boat anchor instead of an engine. His is not a rare case, this is very common.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Thank you tree , been there . We actually have our salesman include and new fuel pump ( in the box ) every time we purchase a used truck. I’ll usually get him to pay for half ( $5200 for new fuel pump ) , I’ll try to help out you guys who have the mandate exhaust filters . I can say this now . If you get a ex gas pressure code and imap code , turbo actuator is faulty ( see if you can turn actuator gear w: your fingers). That will soot up the all the plumbing, fast , all of !!! And cause an utter nightmare. Actuator is bout $1100. Do your maintenance
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.