cm2250 rough idle
02-23-2020, (Subject: cm2250 rough idle ) 
RE: cm2250 rough idle
JimT: it sounds like you need to take a trip to Mr. Haggs and kill the soot monster for good. It will free up all that time you are spending maintaining the aftertreatment system, so you can concentrate on the other systems that are aging on your truck.

At 500K+ miles on a 2250, it doesn’t matter how well you “maintain” it, it is only going to get worse and demand more of your time and money from here.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
02-23-2020, (Subject: cm2250 rough idle ) 
(02-23-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  JimT: it sounds like you need to take a trip to Mr. Haggs and kill the soot monster for good. It will free up all that time you are spending maintaining the aftertreatment system, so you can concentrate on the other systems that are aging on your truck.

At 500K+ miles on a 2250, it doesn’t matter how well you “maintain” it, it is only going to get worse and demand more of your time and money from here.

It's funny you should say that, since the universe gave me a load delivering down near Atlanta tomorrow morning. And just so I got the point, the dpf decided to try and clog itself up on the drive down here.

Actually, the universe has been trying to get me to take loads down to GA and FL for the past 3 months. But I don't normally run this area and I don't know the market down here so I tend to stay away. Until now.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-29-2020, (Subject: cm2250 rough idle ) 
(02-22-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mine did the surging, like you describe. It turned out to be hydrocarbons flowing back into the intake, via the egr. Have you tried disconnecting the magic plug?. When I disconnected mine, it smoothed out beautifully.

I suspect you were correct. With the EGR disabled I have not experienced this problem again. I can't say for certain what was causing it, but without the EGR it hasn't happened. At least not yet.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
02-29-2020, (Subject: cm2250 rough idle ) 
(02-29-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(02-22-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mine did the surging, like you describe. It turned out to be hydrocarbons flowing back into the intake, via the egr. Have you tried disconnecting the magic plug?. When I disconnected mine, it smoothed out beautifully.

I suspect you were correct. With the EGR disabled I have not experienced this problem again. I can't say for certain what was causing it, but without the EGR it hasn't happened. At least not yet.

While driving down the highway and engine at normal temp's, pull off to safe parking area, and take a temp reading at each exhaust port on manifold, and see if there is any variation.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.