cm2250 rough idle
02-21-2020, (Subject: cm2250 rough idle ) 
RE: cm2250 rough idle
(02-13-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  will it pass this injector leak test?

how many psi does it loose in one minute?.

0 psi loss. Baseline was like 29,890 or something. When I shut the engine off it jumped to 30,500psi or so, then ended the test just over 31,000psi. It continued to hold that pressure until the engine was restarted about 5 minutes later.

Edit: this test was performed less than a week prior to the first occurrence. I'm currently heading to get fingerprinted for cdl/hazmat renewal so I can try it again later if needed.
Make sure you are not fooled. When you do this test do you have DATA MONITOR/ LOGGER open? You need to hit START/RESUME button sometime as data live monitoring will freeze once you stop engine and still freeze after ignition ON. My did it. I was proud how my fuel system is tight until realize data is frozen.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Chamberpains
(02-21-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  Make sure you are not fooled. When you do this test do you have DATA MONITOR/ LOGGER open? You need to hit START/RESUME button sometime as data live monitoring will freeze once you stop engine and still freeze after ignition ON. My did it. I was proud how my fuel system is tight until realize data is frozen.

Thank you for that. Yes, I did have the live data. I actually did the test twice. The first time I forgot to resume the monitoring until about 30 seconds passed, so I canceled it and restarted. The 2nd try I got it right and those are the results I shared above.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(02-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-21-2020 )JimT Wrote:  ... I got one occurence of fault code 2321 Crankshaft Speed/Position - Data erratic, intermittent or incorrect.

I have never seen that error on an ISX unless there was a problem with the crank or cam position sensors, the tone wheel was loose, and/or the overhead cam had slipped. <- that is not an error to take lightly at all.

Looked up replacement sensors. Now if I could only find a dealer or distributor in central IA. Tried cummins part/service locator and they show nothing in the entire state of IA. That can't be right. Anyone know of places? I'm currently in Ames, IA and as fate would have it I ended up with a load going down to Cummins, GA. I think the universe really wants me to go there as it keeps throwing loads at me heading there.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
There actual Cummins shops in Des Moines. And there's also truck dealerships that'll be Cummins certified and carry a full line of Cummins parts. I also see some diesel performance shops in Ames but those types of places are ripe with non OEM and overpriced. Just google search "Cummins near me" and it'll pop all kinds of results up for you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
yeah, i tried google too. it gave me results like Napa and Advance Auto :( Figured I'd try something other than going to peterbilt.

replyreply
Get a list of close by dealerships all makes (Volvo, kw, International.....), and call them all looking for whatever part your looking for. Often times one is cheaper because they wholesale for Cummins. They also compete with each other on price too. All of them often times beat Cummins directly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
Thanks Chamberpains. The clue on Des Moines helped me find it. $97 total for both sensors from Cummins.

replyreply
Just look at that headed to Georgia with an open invitation to get that thing lined out!!

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(02-21-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Just look at that headed to Georgia with an open invitation to get that thing lined out!!

yeah, he kinda won the lottery on that one, as I can only have about 1 person or so a month over here. - Besides, how could I not return the favour for someone who is always trying like hell to help others on here as heavily as he does.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.