Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
02-13-2020, (Subject: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?) ) 
Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not?    
replyreply
RE: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
Is it a 871 or a 2250/2350
replyreply
Cm2250
replyreply
I thought with the new pump Cummins has released there were no modifications that could be made plus they already raised the pressures up a few psi with the redesigned pump.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-13-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not?

acutal high oil pressure could also be a failure or blockage in the front structure gasket.

any recent inframe or front structure gasket/geartrain work?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-13-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not?

acutal high oil pressure could also be a failure or blockage in the front structure gasket.

any recent inframe or front structure gasket/geartrain work?

No none at all.
replyreply
(02-13-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  I thought with the new pump Cummins has released there were no modifications that could be made plus they already raised the pressures up a few psi with the redesigned pump.

That thing was $544 it should not need anything.
replyreply
I understand the new style oil pumps will not except the dime modification and requires pennies. Mr Hagg said something a while back. I would check with him.
replyreply
02-14-2020, (Subject: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?) ) 
This is in my oil pan.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.