Primary fuel filter
02-19-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
RE: Primary fuel filter
Hey Rawze.... Thanks for the reply and reading my post

cool no more synthetic oil for us....

By reading here I was under the impression that the egr was the main cause of soot packing these motors and that soot was no good(making engine eat own feces)....NOT Looking for extended drains

No I don't want to put on oil spinner I'm tired of all this big brother BS costing us money More oil changes more sensors more def more maintenance more fuel I guess that is what the fleets have figured out lease them trucks don't do sh*t 40K oil changes and dump them after 400K miles

as far as oil changes are concerned I was following the cummins manual that said 25K max

I'm totally ok with changing the oil at 15k as long as I can use Farm and Fleet oil (aka whatever's on sale)

Great news on the rear ends DUMMY ME I bought the wrong used truck with 45K left on the note

I guess with the new 3.90 rear ends in it I will need to drop that 10 speed ultrashift and install manual 13 speed or 18 better yet as I drive 65-70 MPH as I average 500 miles a day

No I'm not a hypermiler like you....Its hard to compete with all this pre-emission trucks running up here with all there s&*t flapping in the wind duck taped together painted 10 different colors...other words I need to get it in......We are paid by the mile I dont go on the load board and pick out loads and take my sweet ass time I run run run

Now when you say "driving correctly" I've still got all the red paint on my turbo like you pointed out in one of your videos from years ago about "heat soaking" notice I also mentioned I had a boost gauge...

I guess I was looking for your blessing on my ideas after watching your videos and reading your posts, I thought I was headed in the right direction.....But not so... I just have to deal

Just hurts to hear it from THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND everybody brags about all of his wisdom and ECM tuning (MMtune I guess) that would not work for me, Im SOL....

Hey I guess there was a reason why the Kenworth dealer offered me 25K for my truck.... But then again if I had the money and credit to lease a 170K dollar truck I would spec a T880 X15 565HP 18 speed with 3.90 rear ends then I wouldn't be here for answers or opinions I could simply not give a sh*t and turn that truck in when the lease was over....However at a $1.25 plus FSC I don't think I could make it that's why I run run run

So this still doesn't answer my original question

Why after changing primary fuel filter the truck has good power for about 1,000-1,500 miles then seems to get real doggy and the boost goes down from 28 to a max of 25 PSI
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-18-2020,
RE: Primary fuel filter - MAScontractingllc - 02-19-2020
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-19-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.