Primary fuel filter
02-19-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
RE: Primary fuel filter
Do some research on that paccar pre filter and housing. I’ve read somewhere that those are a known problem source. I don’t have one so I didn’t pay that close of attention. But I would search that out.
replyreply
(02-18-2020 )MAScontractingllc Wrote:  Yes sir.... You are correct

Unfortunately we do not have a fuel restriction gauge

When I say primary filter I'm referring to the frame mounted (housing made by paccar) from the factory and secondary fuel filter is mounted to the block...I'm not sure if that's correct terminology though

Primary fuel filter (frame mount)we use a Fleetguard FS36401 (10 micron)
Secondary fuel filter (block mount) we use a Fleetguard FF5825NN (4 microns)
That’s a normal micron setup. I run 10 pre filter (davco) 4 main filter. There’s a reason paccar salesman don’t spec that filter and now mostly use davco.
replyreply
Hey Rawze.... Thanks for the reply and reading my post

cool no more synthetic oil for us....

By reading here I was under the impression that the egr was the main cause of soot packing these motors and that soot was no good(making engine eat own feces)....NOT Looking for extended drains

No I don't want to put on oil spinner I'm tired of all this big brother BS costing us money More oil changes more sensors more def more maintenance more fuel I guess that is what the fleets have figured out lease them trucks don't do sh*t 40K oil changes and dump them after 400K miles

as far as oil changes are concerned I was following the cummins manual that said 25K max

I'm totally ok with changing the oil at 15k as long as I can use Farm and Fleet oil (aka whatever's on sale)

Great news on the rear ends DUMMY ME I bought the wrong used truck with 45K left on the note

I guess with the new 3.90 rear ends in it I will need to drop that 10 speed ultrashift and install manual 13 speed or 18 better yet as I drive 65-70 MPH as I average 500 miles a day

No I'm not a hypermiler like you....Its hard to compete with all this pre-emission trucks running up here with all there s&*t flapping in the wind duck taped together painted 10 different colors...other words I need to get it in......We are paid by the mile I dont go on the load board and pick out loads and take my sweet ass time I run run run

Now when you say "driving correctly" I've still got all the red paint on my turbo like you pointed out in one of your videos from years ago about "heat soaking" notice I also mentioned I had a boost gauge...

I guess I was looking for your blessing on my ideas after watching your videos and reading your posts, I thought I was headed in the right direction.....But not so... I just have to deal

Just hurts to hear it from THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND everybody brags about all of his wisdom and ECM tuning (MMtune I guess) that would not work for me, Im SOL....

Hey I guess there was a reason why the Kenworth dealer offered me 25K for my truck.... But then again if I had the money and credit to lease a 170K dollar truck I would spec a T880 X15 565HP 18 speed with 3.90 rear ends then I wouldn't be here for answers or opinions I could simply not give a sh*t and turn that truck in when the lease was over....However at a $1.25 plus FSC I don't think I could make it that's why I run run run

So this still doesn't answer my original question

Why after changing primary fuel filter the truck has good power for about 1,000-1,500 miles then seems to get real doggy and the boost goes down from 28 to a max of 25 PSI
replyreply
I found where I heard something about the filter.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=...mHW0G9rFCQ
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MAScontractingllc
Thank you Magard I will look into this....I often wondered if the davco was better..... I did like the Davco better on our previous truck
replyreply
I’m assuming you have checked out your fuel pump. They are a known fail point..... like buy a new create engine fail point.
replyreply
Yes it was replaced 60K ago by the dealer before I bought the truck.....

That's actually one of the reasons I bought the truck after watching Rawze's video on how buy a used truck It appeared it was taken care of
replyreply
FYI reading this quote below from Rawze today got my hopes up on custom tuning

Recommendation towards others...

If you have no warranty on your truck/engine,... there is only the risk of finding someone who can do it the right way. Of coarse, many truck owners go further and do a delete as well, and in some countries that is ok, but if they live in a country that does not allow it, ... I suppose that is the risk they take. Either way,... Custom tuning is definitely a viable option as long it is for a reasonable price where you can get a return on it fairly quickly. Also, as fuel mileage and efficiency goes up,... It also lowers overall engine wear and maintenance costs long term. This is well worth doing for anyone if you ask me.
replyreply
Do you have Cummins Insite? If not, why not? This will allow you to do a pile more diagnostic work on your truck. And if you want a demandate done you'll need it. Contact (PM) Unilevers or Mommaburt after you've acquired an inline 5 or 6. This will not end your problems in trucking. It's not a bad decision but it will not stop the insanity you keep running yourself in to.

You guys are running your business the hard way and Rawze is pointing it out to you. I blatantly see the same in what little you posted. There is absolutely no reason you cant compete and blow your competition out of the water. And it doesn't involve "run run run". In fact that is the exact business model that will kill you and is killing the truck.

This is a simple fact, the harder and longer you push your equipment, the more shi#t the breaks, the more fuel it consumes the more soot it's forced to eat, the more stress on you and the more stress on the equipment.... more more more more more more equals more and more. This is an impossible business model to ever get in front of. Especially when you throw a freight rate of $1.25 in the mix.

Here's a simple answer. Try less. You obviously have read some things on this Site and know a bit about Rawze and hypermiling and his VERY profitable business model. He does more than most with less than you are making per mile (he's stated somewhere in the $.90-$1.00 /mile range)

Why are you trying to do the opposite of him and think you gonna do any better with roughly the same pay? Why wouldn't you try to mimic him and then try to become better at his game? He's not only leading the pack he also drawing the race track and leaving the competition in the dust. But with one huge difference. He's screaming at the top of his lungs and posting enormous billboards to show people how to keep up with and pass him.

Why dont you sit down and run a calculator to see what an extra MPG or maybe even 2 mpg's average a year would put in your pocket. Then why don't you add in 1 less oil change BECAUSE YOUR GETTING BETTER FUEL MILEAGE. And less fuel burnt which is less EGR and soot shoved back in your engine and less heat abuse to your turbo and engine and less strain on the driveline and less emissions repairs. And add in less repair costs, less stop and going and less smashing on the brakes and less hammering up hills and less stress and less time on the road and less and less and less.... all that less equals MORE time out of the truck and MORE time with family and MORE non truck events in your life and the big one is MORE MONEY in your pocket because you only spent a little bit of that $1.25 /mile to go the same distance. The old school way of hammering miles out is no longer a good business model. It's dead and so are the businesses that follow it.

You're also out there in the flat country. Since you have those craps ass 3.36 rears, why don't you stay out of the hills? Take loads that keep you out of the area's that your truck is not profitable in? Keep it out on flat country where you can keep MPG's up and stress down. Start figuring out routes that don't involve tolls or finding those little get around to avoid paying them. I know the Chicago area is ripe with them. Start giving up a couple minutes on your drive to save a couple dollars an hour. It really starts to add up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , MAScontractingllc , JimT , Waterloo , rolling18 , amermextrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.