Primary fuel filter
02-20-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
RE: Primary fuel filter
I think that some people also forget that the fuel filters typically do to turn black as they clog up.

Here is some related info (near the bottom of the post):
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid30747

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
11-18-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
(02-19-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-19-2020 )MAScontractingllc Wrote:  ...
keeping those rpm's down when getting up to speed

low rpm (much below 1500) + foot half way or more to the floor results in a very shortened engine life. Especailly on the model engine you own.

Install a boost gauge, your next important move (should have been done the day you got the truck), and use it / practice some better driving habits that yield less wear and tear and headache, more long term profit.

This means - DRIVE BY YOUR BOOST GAUGE!, and as well, start by limiting your boost overall to only 20 psi or so,..and over time, work your way down to only allowing the truck to make 15 lbs or so by better and better driving habits. - YOUR WALLET will thank you later.

is prices are too high for what he is doing).

MR. RAWZE,
Having read many of your posts and knowing your phillosiphy,
How does that apply if you have an Allison tranny, as you have VERY limited window you can choose your gears and VERY difficult to drive by the boost/ pyro/ egt gauges...???

I have a 2021 x15 (in signature) set at 565 @ 1850 LBS.
my ratios are 4.56 w/ 11.r22.5 tires (rock lugs)

I only have a "manifold" pres. gauge. is this same as turbo gauge?
I don't have a pyro/ EGT gauge..
can I get a stock one or do I have to buy it aftermarket? (or is it just another waist of $$$ w/ the auto-shitter as it doesn't give me full control of shifting??
Also have the "Crappar" fuel filter setup..

I will be adding the Ams-oil bypass setup recommended w/ frequent oil changes.
In addition, only have the small 18 cfm air compressor... (seems small considering i have 2 drop axles and air suspension that has to be dumped every time I raise the box! and/ or lower the axles. and engage the PTO!
(( My first Paccar MX-13 came with the bigger 28 cfm was much faster refilling the system and
came with stock centrifical oil bypass filter on the motor.))

I usually run 60k with lots of city/ stop & go traffic with steep suburban hills often 4-10% grades
usually %50 loaded/ empty
I only run about 35K mi / year!
suspension layout is 20k 13k 13k 46k (if it matters?)

Do you have recommendations/ thoughts for my situation other thAn getting a different truck or tranny???
Thank you! and for all you do for this community.

User's Signature: Newbeee O/O
2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
X-15 565 @1850 Re-"Productive series"
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
ALMOST FORGOT!!
Lastly,
I do have a Toughbook laptop w/ J-Pro, Paccar ESA w/ legit login.
would like to get Insite (non-subscription version) a Nexiq w/ green plug
what do you think of "Paclink"?? would that be a way to get info I need like EGT?

2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
The the engine pyro output from the ecm is estimated (calculated) and not actual. Any factory pyro gauge, unless it comes with its own sensor, will only read what the ecm is telling it and this is not as good as having an actual probe/gauge installed.

For the pyro, I would have gone with an after-market gauge. Gklo-shift (or Max-tow) brand makes some half decent gauges last I checked.

==================

As far as shifting and the auto-Sh$itter... some of them you can manually hold it in a gear and tell them when you want to shift out. SOme models will let you re-program the shift point .. that may help to get it into a higher rpm band ... Not sure if yours will allow it or not ... but this is one of the many reasons of why I do not like automatics very much. I don't own a single vehicle (car, truck or otherwise) with one of those auto-trannies in them for these very reasons. Trannies that have torque converters (mostly just a car thing) also shorten engine life by quite a bit due to the constant engine load being placed on the flywheel even at idle. This is for cars and trucks alike, so reading your post, it looks like you already knew what I was going to say ... lol.

( A quote form about 20 years ago)...
it is said that 96% of all vehicles of the world outside of the U.S.A. has manual shifting... But conversely, 98% of all vehicles in the U.S.A. are Automatics.

Some people have no choice but to run an auto-shifter... I see their use. Some people have nadicap, or are otherwise not able to drive without one. .. but otherwise, they are not the best decision of convenience vs. operating costs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yes I had that feeling.. heh

unfortunately my left knee is on the downhill so yeaaa...
BUT I can do "limited" manual shifting / holding gear as well as have the Allison programmed to go into full "neutral" at stops and / or going down hill (using jakes to slow).. and changing shift points. (will get Allison DOC)

Ill definantly be getting a real EGT gauge!

what are your thoughts about the gearing/ pwr @ TQ and planned usages?

2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
11-21-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
(11-18-2020 )rolling18 Wrote:  what are your thoughts about the gearing/ pwr @ TQ and planned usages?

- torque is what kills the isx .. not so much power alone. Anything that can keep torque down helps. Better rear end gearing, higher rpm ranges used to get you going instead of low-rpm and high torque demand, etc. - torque is always the enemy and low-end (low-rpm) torque demand is the killer.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.