Primary fuel filter
11-18-2020, (Subject: Primary fuel filter ) 
RE: Primary fuel filter
The the engine pyro output from the ecm is estimated (calculated) and not actual. Any factory pyro gauge, unless it comes with its own sensor, will only read what the ecm is telling it and this is not as good as having an actual probe/gauge installed.

For the pyro, I would have gone with an after-market gauge. Gklo-shift (or Max-tow) brand makes some half decent gauges last I checked.

==================

As far as shifting and the auto-Sh$itter... some of them you can manually hold it in a gear and tell them when you want to shift out. SOme models will let you re-program the shift point .. that may help to get it into a higher rpm band ... Not sure if yours will allow it or not ... but this is one of the many reasons of why I do not like automatics very much. I don't own a single vehicle (car, truck or otherwise) with one of those auto-trannies in them for these very reasons. Trannies that have torque converters (mostly just a car thing) also shorten engine life by quite a bit due to the constant engine load being placed on the flywheel even at idle. This is for cars and trucks alike, so reading your post, it looks like you already knew what I was going to say ... lol.

( A quote form about 20 years ago)...
it is said that 96% of all vehicles of the world outside of the U.S.A. has manual shifting... But conversely, 98% of all vehicles in the U.S.A. are Automatics.

Some people have no choice but to run an auto-shifter... I see their use. Some people have nadicap, or are otherwise not able to drive without one. .. but otherwise, they are not the best decision of convenience vs. operating costs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-18-2020,
RE: Primary fuel filter - JimT - 02-19-2020,
RE: Primary fuel filter - Rawze - 11-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.