Curious
02-19-2020, (Subject: Curious ) 
Curious
Am using Insite, but see this code come up briefly. Anyone else see this at any time? FMI 15/SPN157 ? If I am reading correctly, it appears to be a "stopped up" fuel filter...
replyreply
02-19-2020, (Subject: Curious ) 
RE: Curious
It's a low fuel pressure code. But plugged fuel filter isn't the only cause of that. If you already changed the fuel filters and are still get this code I would suspect the mechanical fuel pump may be shot. They have been known to snap the internal shaft and still keep the truck running.... till they don't. How many miles on the pump? And while we're at it what year and model engine are we looking at?

You may also have a collapsed fuel line or a restriction somewhere. Or it may also be a cracked or broken pickup tube in the tank.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-20-2020, (Subject: Curious ) 
(02-20-2020 )GreenBean Wrote:  
(02-19-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  It's a low fuel pressure code. But plugged fuel filter isn't the only cause of that. If you already changed the fuel filters and are still get this code I would suspect the mechanical fuel pump may be shot. They have been known to snap the internal shaft and still keep the truck running.... till they don't. How many miles on the pump? And while we're at it what year and model engine are we looking at?

You may also have a collapsed fuel line or a restriction somewhere. Or it may also be a cracked or broken pickup tube in the tank.

Pump only has around 100,000 on it. The Engine is ISX 2350, 2014 Pete 386. Changing the filters out today in between the rain, snow, sleet... Thanks for the input!
replyreply
02-20-2020, (Subject: Curious ) 
maybe also do a rail leak test at some point to ensure rail is not loosing pressure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Casper

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.