Help identifying my turbo
07-05-2016, (Subject: Help identifying my turbo ) 
Help identifying my turbo
Dataplate
esn 79271838
cpl 2733
ecm code AV10051

Ecm code now AV10243

Somehow Rawze was able to verify the ecm code is the proper one due to a dpf update. I couldn't find anything on quickserve about it and cummins couldn't tell me so I'm hoping someone can tell me something I'm maybe missing about my turbo....

Here is what quickserve tells me my turbo numbers are for my 2733 cpl

./uploads/201607/post_1367_1467730240_d237f8f77a8bbdc7e6dd3590f4814e2d.png

What I have on there now

p/n 4309078
model He561ve

Is this right?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: Help identifying my turbo
That is the same part number of my turbo.
CM871, Original CPL 2919, now 3157 after updated hardware...I forget the new AV#
I'm not sue, I don't use the app I go right to the Quickserve site, but if you click on the blue part number, it will list the change up part numbers with the bottom number being the most recent correct one...

4309078RX, if you need one, let me know. If I'm around I'll come with you to Edm KW to pick it up, our fleet discount is pretty good.
FYI My price for that turbo is $4159.71 + core exchange.
Was quoted $5313.13 + core at CWC

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-05-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  That is the same part number of my turbo.
CM871, Original CPL 2919, now 3157 after updated hardware...I forget the new AV#
I'm not sue, I don't use the app I go right to the Quickserve site, but if you click on the blue part number, it will list the change up part numbers with the bottom number being the most recent correct one...

4309078RX, if you need one, let me know. If I'm around I'll come with you to Edm KW to pick it up, our fleet discount is pretty good.
FYI My price for that turbo is $4159.71 + core exchange.
Was quoted $5313.13 + core at CWC

Mine is new but I got it from a shop and didnt buy it direct. Im not using the app although I am on the mobile version of their site. I can't find anything that says my cpl ever changed and none of those turbo numbers listed on my cpl change up to the one I have on my truck.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(07-05-2016 )Brock Wrote:  new but I got it from a shop and didnt buy it direct. Im not using the app although I am on the mobile version of their site. I can't find anything that says my cpl ever changed and none of those turbo numbers listed on my cpl change up to the one I have on my truck.

Actually, your CPL did change when they put on the new style of DPF and flashed in the AV10243. This is assuming they did the work correctly of course.

Your new CPL with the updated DPf can is 3749 now.

It is your Dataplate sticker information that is out of date.

Your E/C number is now AV10243
Your CPL is now 3749

Those are what you have now, so you should go by that instead.

As far as the turbo goes,.. the HE561VE is what most 2733/3749 engines had from the factory, so it should be correct as well. the only way you could have the wrong turbo on it is if someone also changed the elbow coming off the turbo to the CAC unit. The bigger/smaller turbo have 2 different size outlet ports on the housing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Although, when I look up your cpl I can't find that turbo part number listed either......

./uploads/201607/post_1367_1467733718_01478429231f0a8694fb5977b37e0e17.png

./uploads/201607/post_1367_1467733693_7ee365a2684b8ad8e29c9894210f72cb.png

replyreply
quickserv is not as accurate as people think. Especially when it comes to turbochargers. Quickserv will often list "alternatives", like the bigger or smaller version of a turbo that frankly will not fit directly onto the engine without buying other parts to make it fit. I have run into this before.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-05-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 )Brock Wrote:  new but I got it from a shop and didnt buy it direct. Im not using the app although I am on the mobile version of their site. I can't find anything that says my cpl ever changed and none of those turbo numbers listed on my cpl change up to the one I have on my truck.

Actually, your CPL did change when they put on the new style of DPF and flashed in the AV10243. This is assuming they did the work correctly of course.

Your CPL is now 3749

As far as the turbo goes,.. the HE561VE is what most 2733/3749 engines had from the factory, so it should be correct as well. the only way you could have the wrong turbo on it is if someone also changed the elbow coming off the turbo to the CAC unit. The bigger/smaller turbo have 2 different size outlet ports on the housing.

I know my stickers out of date but curious why quickserve doesn't have it showing a new cpl?

When I took it to that tuner shop who did my turbo, I also asked him to update my software. I'm wondering if my dpf was maybe not updated and he assumed it was and put a turbo and cal in from a updated cpl?

Could this cause issues? I'm gonna grab the number from my dpf and check this out.

When I put 3749 into quickserve, it doesn't recognize it...

replyreply
(07-05-2016 )Brock Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  

Your CPL is now 3749

I know my stickers out of date but curious why quickserve doesn't have it showing a new cpl?

When I took it to that tuner shop who did my turbo, I also asked him to update my software. I'm wondering if my dpf was maybe not updated and he assumed it was and put a turbo and cal in from a updated cpl?

Could this cause issues? I'm gonna grab the number from my dpf and check this out.

When I put 3749 into quickserve, it doesn't recognize it...

What is the part number stamped into the side of your DPF can?

496????

or...

528????

or...

529????

replyreply
./uploads/201607/post_1367_1467734924_10e331ebce868d20885ba7f37a692faf.jpg

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.