Help identifying my turbo
07-05-2016, (Subject: Help identifying my turbo ) 
RE: Help identifying my turbo

It is part number 5297990 ...

That IS the newer style of DPF can. It requires the AV10243 as a replacement for AV10051, and your CPL is now 3749.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-05-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 )Brock Wrote:  

It is part number 5297990 ...

That IS the newer style of DPF can. It requires the AV10243, and your CPL is now 3749.

Awesome, thank you..... You have the skills of 1000 cummins customer service reps!

Any idea why quickserve doesn't have any data on that cpl?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
If your dpf is just for decoration, I wouldn't get too caught up in the cpl confusion, the update to cpl3749 was just for emmsions parts all the other parts are the same between the two so go with whatever it says you need for cpl2733.

The updated cal's for 3749 is the same thing jist some changes to the emmsions parameters the redesigned dpf, the rest of the important stuff fueling torque is all the exact same between a 2733 and 3749.

I pulled up your esn you actually have the same motor as me. But yes according to it yes you have the wrong turbo on there, and like hammerhead said ots off a 2919 high HP motor, so in theory it should be a bit bigger then your original one. Quick serve is actually saying the 2919 takes a 551 on the side bar and if thats true then it's definitely bigger then your original one.

This is just off the top of my head thinking not sure how right am but sounds right too me. Again if your truck is stock the bigger turbo may cause issues and a little lower mpg in the long run. Because the bigger turbo is gonna flow more air in an out easier with that being said the motor is looking for the right amount of egr going back into the motor so it closes he vgt to accomplish that, but because the exhaust. Is freer flowing it has to close the vgt more then usual to accplish it's goal, which on the flip side will generate more boost so you maybe over boosting or at least boosting more then you need. Now more boost also means more fuel since the ecm adds fuel based on boost. And then you got a motor thats fighting itself more fuel equals more emmsions so then it's back to trying to correct emmsions then boost is too high so its then cutting that back pissing you off with spiky power and it's one big circle of crap.

That's the end of my ramblings I don't know of that's what would happen since I've never heard anybody putting bigger turbo on a stock motor but the idea makes sense to me and my limited tuning knowledge lol.

If your trucks "fixed" I say screw it tune around the turbo and run her.
replyreply
I don't have it fixed yet. very soon on the to do list.. Just wanted to make sure hardware all jives for when I do.

A call to cummins has them tell me I need 4309077. I have 4309078.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Ohh ya That big turbo woulda worked just fine, if the truck was "fixed". It would just need a little extra tweaking nothing crazy.

I'd just worry bout how it behaves in the mean time.....but hey no the like the present to join the club...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.