AC Problem
07-05-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
AC Problem
I am not sure what the problem is but that's why I am throwing it out here. The air coming from the vents seem to flutter like the fans are losing power and it does that off and on. It still blows out cold air so I have no idea what it might be. I was trying to be proactive in getting it fixed before it goes down the crapper and didn't think it would involve the temperature resistors so with much hesitation I took it to to the International dealership here in town as I have no clue about AC units. Well after a new blower motor, linear pwr module resistor and $400 less in my pocket, the problem is still not fixed. They wanted to keep it all day tomorrow to try and figure it out so before I ended up with a brand new AC system I got my truck out of there. Any ideas on what the problem might be?
replyreply
07-05-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
RE: AC Problem
Shot in the dark, maybe a ground problem with fan circuit or a bad switch?
replyreply
07-06-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
check your trucks Vin to see what alternator it calls for, it should call for a 325 amp alternator, check for a bad battery as well.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
First thing I would do is pull the AC breaker in the fuse panel and replace with a standard .10 30 amp fuse... That is what solved my problem after spending about the same for a new blower motor and resistor... Also, check your cab air filter at the firewall, make sure it has been replaced recently.
replyreply
Thank you guys! I will check out all these possibilities out this Saturday and I will let you know how it goes.
replyreply
07-10-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
So I changed the AC breaker with a standard 30 amp fuse. It solved the air fluttering problem but then the air only came out by the vents by my feet so I changed the fuse on the Cab HVAC controller with a standard 10 amp fuse. Air is now coming out up top but now it won't come out by my feet or at the windshield. Not sure what is going on now.

I still need to run my vin to see what alternator it calls for but I did see that the one I have is 165 amps. So that will be my next thing I will check out.
replyreply
07-10-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
Sounds like you lost an HVAC air door actuator... I would replace both of them, they are behind the passenger side lower dash panel. When one goes bad the other is soon to follow, at least that has been my experience. They are both the same, you can get them cheaper on Amazon and here http://www.raneystruckparts.com/internat...599602-c1/

Much cheaper than the dealer... Just double check the part numbers, there are three in your cab, two under the front passenger side dash and one in your sleeper by your sleeper blower motor. Those three are all the same, at least on my truck. There is a fourth one under the hood at the fire wall attached to your cabin air filter box stuffed up under the windshield wiper cowl. That is a different part number then the three on the interior.

When you check the vin, have the dealer email you a copy of your trucks build sheet. That is a wealth of information that you should have.
replyreply
07-11-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
One other thing, the rubber drain tubes, where the water drips out on the ground... When you fuel, pop the hood and squeeze those babies together so they open up. You will be surprised what will fall out! Bees, Flys, Crap of all sorts. I do this all the time, I open the hood I give those teats a squeeze! You would be surprised how quickly they fill up with road crap.
replyreply
08-21-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
i have a 09 prostar and the ac lets the fresh air in all the time. what I need to do to recirculate the air in the cab instead of fresh air always coming in
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.