AC Problem
08-23-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
RE: AC Problem
(08-21-2016 )jjtrucking Wrote:  i have a 09 prostar and the ac lets the fresh air in all the time. what I need to do to recirculate the air in the cab instead of fresh air always coming in

There is a third actuator, accessible from the engine compartment. When looking at your a/c housing from the front of the truck, the actuator is on the right side. You will see a plug and wiring going into it. There is a small access door, held by 3 self tapping screws. Be careful when replacing the actuator not to damage the plastic linkage in there. The actuators for the cab should all be the same. After you replace it, you would have to recalibrate them by having the key in the on position, blower on, defrost on, and pulling fuse F1-b for 1 min(battery power to hvac control). Once you reinsert it, you should hear the actuators moving and feel air coming out of the different vents.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu
08-26-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
(08-23-2016 )kmk Wrote:  
(08-21-2016 )jjtrucking Wrote:  i have a 09 prostar and the ac lets the fresh air in all the time. what I need to do to recirculate the air in the cab instead of fresh air always coming in

There is a third actuator, accessible from the engine compartment. When looking at your a/c housing from the front of the truck, the actuator is on the right side. You will see a plug and wiring going into it. There is a small access door, held by 3 self tapping screws. Be careful when replacing the actuator not to damage the plastic linkage in there. The actuators for the cab should all be the same. After you replace it, you would have to recalibrate them by having the key in the on position, blower on, defrost on, and pulling fuse F1-b for 1 min(battery power to hvac control). Once you reinsert it, you should hear the actuators moving and feel air coming out of the different vents.

That actuator under the hood is a different part number from the three in the cab... At least on my truck. Air is blowing ice cold, and it only took three years and around ten grand to fix... Shaking head.
replyreply
09-04-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
Glad yiu fixed it. These things tend to go bad rather often, the outside one especially.
replyreply
09-05-2016, (Subject: AC Problem ) 
I will say this again, this is from my own experience. If you are having AC issues, especially on a ProStar, stick with the OEM parts! I have been fighting this AC issue for three years +, with some success but very limited. When I finally did enough research, understood how this system works, I ridded myself of the inferior aftermarket parts that just kept failing. I bit the bullet and went full OEM $$$$ The system now works, there are no longer pressure issues and the air blows ice cold. Stay away from the aftermarket AC parts, spend the money and be done with it. These ProStars are very finicky on what parts you put on them, and I will say that about the rest of the systems on these trucks. They do not like aftermarket parts in critical systems, the quality or specs are just not the same. Fix it right, fix it once, you will save money in the long run.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.