X15 EGR tuneup
02-22-2020, (Subject: X15 EGR tuneup ) 
X15 EGR tuneup
So I've posted the part numbers a few times here so I thought I'd post them in a new thread here just changed mine out at 113000 miles to see how they looked. Pretty straight forward like the 2350 ISX but there are only four sensors to change instead of 5. I did not remove the EGR crossover as I intend to clean it when I run the overhead.
Egr temp #5461596
Egr differential #4358939
Exhaust pressure #4928594
Imap #2897334

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Chamberpains , SquareOne
RE: X15 EGR tuneup
seeing that much build up on those parts just makes you cringe at how much the motor ate.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , SquareOne , marek4792
^^—— That’s what I was thinking...at only a 113k. Def the reason engine life expectancy is half or less of what it once was ...smh.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
02-23-2020, (Subject: X15 EGR tuneup ) 
im searching trucks looking for something to get to better fit what i do instead of this heavy fuel sucking pig. searching only cummins engines ive found several that have "Bottom End" overhauls for oil consumption engines were done typically 250k-300k miles.

ied like to find something thats in need of an overhaul but of course who spends the money to list that.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
02-23-2020, (Subject: X15 EGR tuneup ) 
Sometimes when you go directly to the maintenance manager of a larger fleet, you can ask if they have a truck that your looking for with blown engine and no warranty for them. I've talked to a couple of fleets around me. They're more than happy to tell and probably sell you that truck they have tucked away in the back of the yard. A buddy of mine donated a truck I was looking for, from the fleet he runs, to the local vo-tech school the day before I asked. It was a 2010 t660 with a cm871 ventilated block. They were "tired of looking at it".

Obviously the bigger the fleet, the more of these trucks they have sitting around somewhere. Mega fleets are great at replacing vast numbers of parts on trucks. They don't do mechanical repair. Everything is remove and replace (R&R or R/R) because it's under warranty. They will throw everything at it as long as it's under warranty. But you do have to watch out for their absolute crap electrical repairs. Being they don't employ very many actually trained techs, more like pit monkeys and bad shadetrees. Basically any body that can own or claim to turn a wrench. You'll get some rather.... curious repairs on wiring.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard
05-27-2020, (Subject: X15 EGR tuneup ) 
I’m hitting 125k miles on my X15 this week and figured it’s time. Is it recommended to replace these sensors or can some of them be cleaned and reused? Are these all relatively easy to find/access, and do you remember what tools are needed?
replyreply
05-27-2020, (Subject: X15 EGR tuneup ) 
all easy to get to, can't remember exactly what tools you'll need but nothing exotic. I didn't bother to clean any of them i just replaced them with new. I also replaced the short steel tube from the exhaust manifold to the exhaust back pressure sensor because they get Carboned up inside. If you decide to do that you'll likely need a little help from the fire wrench to get it unscrewed from the manifold.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Camstyn

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.