Truck won’t start
02-23-2020, (Subject: Truck won’t start ) 
RE: Truck won’t start
It tries to turn over but than the batteries start to drain.. I checked fuses but everything looks good..everything on the dash looks normal when I turn the key..
replyreply
I changed the batteries out and still won’t turn over I’m at a loss here don’t know what else to do
replyreply
(02-23-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  Need help guys.. my 2011 Pete won’t start this morning and I noticed my red light came on for def fluid but my def system has been deleted.. now my truck won’t start since the red light is on.. what should I do

(02-23-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  It’s a 2011 isx 15 2250 Pete with 467221 miles.. I just noticed my lift pump won’t make turn on with I turn the key .. could that be the problem why it won’t start

(02-23-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  Just the mechanic repair shop I bought the truck from and not to sure how long ago they did it I’m guessing less than a year

Without the Insite program and a laptop, you could be guessing until your blue in the face, but simply wasting your time.

* it is 99.5% likely you have a bad delete program, as it is extremely rare for anyone to have it done even half-way right, nonetheless downright engine destroying.

* DO you have any idea what state the exhaust system is in? What someone may have done to the DOC, DPF, and/or SCR system components, any blocking plates or other hardware mods when it was deleted? - Have you seen it, and exactly what was done with your own eyes?

*You say you have a CM2250 engine, and that it has more than 400k miles on it ... DID YOU replace the guts of the fuel pump? -- THE DAY YOU PURCHASED IT?? -- OR WHEN IT REACHED 400k MILES? -- to prevent the well known problem of the 'exploding fuel pump of total engine destruction'?. -- for all you know, this may in fact be your problem .. but like I said... you are doing nothing but guessing at it without some proper troubleshooting software and proper methods of solving your issues.

What have you done to the engine and truck since you have had it? -- What inspections/adjustments, and preventative maint. work has been done? -- or is this the more common case where someone did what 85% of most of the other people who buy a truck do?

Most people buy a used truck and think they were just going to magically get that one truck in a million that magically was not abused or butchered to hell, run around with it, blinders on, Little or no attempt whatsoever of seriously going through it (in this case too, especially knowing someone attempted to delete it ), without opening up the exhaust, taking a hard look at how the emissions system components were done, find out what else was done to it mechanically, nose to toes, ensured what was done was safe for it + HAVE THE PROGRAMMING INSPECTED TO ENSURE IT WAS NOT GOING TO TEAR UP THE ENGINE as 99% of all delete programs out there WILL IN FACT LEAD TO ITS PREMATURE DEMISE!. Gone through the rest of it, things like doing overhead valve adjustments, replacing the guts of the fuel pump right away (400k+ miles), replacing any important sensors that are more than a year or so old,... etc ...etc.etc.etc. --- BEFORE putting it on the roads? LIKE SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED? -- Hopefully,.. you not one of those people too, and if you are,.. you are in for a rude awakening of the reality towards owning/buying a used truck.

-- YOUR FIRST MOVE IT SO GET THE RIGHT TOOLS FOR WORKING ON THAT TRUCK AND OWNING IT!@!!--- A COPY OF INSITE, AN INLINE ADAPTER, AND A LAPTOP FOR RUNNING IT ON!

-- ON TOP OF THIS -- YOU NEED TO PULL THAT FUEL PUMP APART AND REPLACE ITS GUTS WHILE IT IS DOWN IF IT HAS NOT BEEN DONE!!!

-- THEN -- FIND OUT WHAT REASON THE ENGINE IS REFUSING TO START BY USING THE INSITE SOFTWARE -- RED LIGHT IN THE DASH == ENGINE WILL REFUSE TO START!

-- AND ALSO (use CT software to) PULL/COPY THAT DELETE PROGRAM OUT OF THAT ECM AND E-MAIL IT TO ME TO HAVE IT INSPECTED FOR SAFETY AND CORRECTNESS!!!-- FOR ALL YOU KNOW, THAT (99% likely horrible delete) PROGRAM MAY BE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF YOUR PROBLEMS!!

- Stop guessing at it. Take the proper steps and do the right things to ensure a healthy engine and truck if you value your business and its equipment.

BTW: I thought I would mention that I have seen a rash of bad deletes for the 2250 and 2350 lately from guys who trade those horrible delete files and hang out on those auto/truck tuning forums, where the truck will seem to run somewhat ok for a while, but still shut down after a few months and refuse to run again because stuff was not turned off properly. - I am wondering if this is yet another one of those cases.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Did you check the fuses/relays inside the battery box?

The DEF light/tank status will have nothing to do with starting the truck. However it's likely you have a bad delete that could be suppressing error/fault codes that could help figure out what is going on. Do you have a laptop with Insite?

If you turn the key on and don't hear the pump priming the system then that would be the first place to investigate.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(02-23-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  I changed the batteries out and still won’t turn over I’m at a loss here don’t know what else to do

You are saying the engine will not spin over???
Does it turn a little ways or none at all??

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Bad programming aside, I just hope it is not that dreaded fuel pump failure of total engine destruction.

Hopefully, it is something easy to fix.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Truck cranks but doesn’t Spin over .. I checked the fuses above the prime pump and it’s good.. I changed out the relay for it and priming pump doesn’t turn on.. after I crank there’s air in one of bleeder valves above the main fuel filter.. I checked a fuse in the battery box and there good.. i have a laptop but I do not have insight..
replyreply
Replace all fuse's, as they may be tarnished.
Are the batteries fully charged?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
2 pages here and we still don't know if the thing is cranking over or not!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , hhow55 , Signature620 , Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.