new to me prostar codes
02-24-2020, (Subject: new to me prostar codes ) 
new to me prostar codes
ive got and 11 prostar with isx. bringing it home slowed down for a town and went to speed back up and seemed like the engine was slow to respond and engine warning light came on for a couple miles. i basically let off the gas and took back off and everything seemed normal. the light came back on a short time later but when off in a couple more miles and good the rest of the way home. i check the diagnostic codes when i got home and learned how to and these were the codes.
spn2791 fmi7 oc3
spn1209 fmi16 oc1
spn 102 fmi2 oc1

figured one of these has something to do with the engine light

thanks

btw this is my first post to this sight. i was always taught to surround myself with people smarter than me and seems like theres some smart ones on here!
ive got an 06 volvo with an isx that was leaking oil in the coolant. the head had an oil leak in the back left corner so decided to pull the head when changing the oil cooler. found this sight halfway through the project and was very helpful
replyreply
RE: new to me prostar codes
2791 is the egr valve fmi7 means no response so it's most likely stuck, I would pull it and see if it's full of soot causing it to stick. with 3 occurences start here...

spn 1209 is Engine Exhaust Gas Pressure Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level....with 1 occurence I'd simply replace it and clean out the feed tube if you have not done so in the last year.

Intake manifold pressure sensor circuit data erratic....possibly from the sticking egr? Also replace it if it's more than a year old.

Reference this thread for guidance... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Well I started to do that EGR tuneup. Everything was pretty sooty so in the process of cleaning it up and replacing the sensors. Pulled the EGR valve and everything feels real good so I’m just gonna clean up and put it back on I guess. Is it worth pulling that back pipe and trying to clean that? Thanks
replyreply
(02-24-2020 )cbsd Wrote:  Well I started to do that EGR tuneup. Everything was pretty sooty so in the process of cleaning it up and replacing the sensors. Pulled the EGR valve and everything feels real good so I’m just gonna clean up and put it back on I guess. Is it worth pulling that back pipe and trying to clean that? Thanks

Just check the back pipe for leaks, and make sure the clamps are good and tight.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.