Isx cam pitted
02-26-2020, (Subject: Isx cam pitted ) 
Isx cam pitted

On my new to me pro star I took the lid off to run an overhead and found a couple of the injector rocker arm rollers and a couple lobes on the injecter cam have some pitting. I did buy the extended warranty so that’s good just wondering u would all do if it was in your own yard.
11 pro star isx 871 Thanks
replyreply
RE: Isx cam pitted
If you have some kind of warranty to pay for parts that would be great. Replacing the cam shaft is labor intensive.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
ya it covers parts and labor. its a ryder warranty so hopefully its good. thanks
replyreply
Let's get a amsoil bypass filtration system on the truck.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
wow, that thing looks like someone has severely neglected the oil changes. even the metal surfaces are impacted with soot.

Another reason to always pull that valve cover before signing that paperwork.

Personally, even with a warranty, I would do that job myself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
It’s a Ryder truck so 30k oil changes so yes longer than I would. 384k miles on the truck. Does come with every maintenance record down to adjusting floor mats. They may or may not do everything perfect but at least the records seem to be lagit. I guess at least I bought the warranty. Our local shop said the new cams and rollers are harder than these older one. He says they see a lot of cams like this. Any truth to that? And even if I would’ve open the cover up I don’t honestly know that I could’ve shut it back up and said well I guess somebody else can have this trouble. I would’ve probably got the price a little lower though! As long as the warranty is good shouldn’t be an issue I guess. Probably a lot of trucks driving around with cams that look like this.
replyreply
You get the truck back, run multiple back to back oil changes, every 5000 miles or so, wash that soot out. And a good EGR tuneup. If you are keeping the emissions, like How said, get an Amsoil bypass filter and see if you can get a more owner friendly tune on the ECM to allow the emissions to work more efficiently. Or go the other route, and rid yourself of the EPA. With your truck it can be accomplished in your driveway with a laptop and inline 6 reader, along with some simple hand tools.
replyreply
(02-26-2020 )cbsd Wrote:  It’s a Ryder truck so 30k oil changes so yes longer than I would. 384k miles on the truck. Does come with every maintenance record down to adjusting floor mats. They may or may not do everything perfect but at least the records seem to be lagit. I guess at least I bought the warranty. Our local shop said the new cams and rollers are harder than these older one. He says they see a lot of cams like this. Any truth to that? And even if I would’ve open the cover up I don’t honestly know that I could’ve shut it back up and said well I guess somebody else can have this trouble. I would’ve probably got the price a little lower though! As long as the warranty is good shouldn’t be an issue I guess. Probably a lot of trucks driving around with cams that look like this.

ahh the old warranty security blanket. good luck with warranty, that cam isnt at replace specs yet i bet they dont touch it yet. then again maybe you will be that guy that is the outlier and it all works out for you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
The company I worked for leased/rented ryder trucks before switching to natural gas. The ones we leased were 2011 Cascadia ISX 2250’s.

Ryder did not believe in oil changes and some went 70,000, 80,000 miles at times. There was one that we “thought” went 100,000 miles on an oil change but us drivers where not entirely sure. The one I drove seemed to go through a gallon of oil a day.

There was one that was used 04 Freightliner Columbia with Detroit diesel that was a “bare bones” daycab freight spec truck. Its name was “Kirby” because it sounded like a vacuum cleaner going down the road! lol

I knew when I went on to buy my first truck I was certainly staing away from old Ryder trucks. I hope it works out for you.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.