Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-06-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
Cm871 repeated same injector failure
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but have been following rawze threds on internet. I have ongoing issue with my cm871. Injector 6 keeps failing repeatedly. Four times since last november. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
replyreply
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
When you replace the injector, are you buying a good one from cummins or a cheap one from a injector rebuild shop?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Have you checked your fuel/metering actuators? I think I read something here a few days ago where one of the actuators was taking out an injector. Check the video section here too, there were videos on checking the injectors and those actuators.
replyreply
From cummins
replyreply
People much wiser then I will comment on this but I would start where waterloo said. I would see if you've got air going into that injector. My only thoughts would be.....

Air in the injector
compression entering the injector
coolsnt entering the injector
wiring issue
wore out head causing bad adjustment

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Did anyone bother to boroscope the engine properly when it was replaced the first time?

Is the adjustment for the replacement injector being done correctly?

First, I would hope that you have a warranty on the injector. Next, I would have placed an old injector on number 6 after the second one failed.

Lastly, is the truck deleted or stock from factory with DPF etc. still functioning?

What does the tip look like and the top of the piston look like after one fails? Some pics would help.

Has anyone bothered to do an injector leak test on it to see if there are leaky injectors?

What does your DPF history look like?

Using any coolant or oil?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
How many miles on the head? How long between failures?
6 is allot for the same hole. My patience would have run out after two, especially at $700 a pop.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Yes check ball fails every time. Head has 467k original miles on it. No coolant loss. Half a gallon oul every 10 k miles.
replyreply
Wiring issue as in engine brake harness or main garness?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.