Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-06-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
You can pressurize the coolant system, kits are available on Amazon. Rawze knows which one will work, as there are many kits depending on which truck you are driving. Universal is not always universal with these kits or trucks.

In regards to looking at your overhead, you can do that yourself. The top engine cover comes right off and uses a sturdy reusable rubber gasket that you can reuse, the only one on the truck I will reuse, LOL! Pop the top and grab a flashlight and look real close at all of the cam and injector lobes, or anything that does not look right when compared with the rest of the valve train in there.

Personally, I would do both of these steps, pressurize and inspect. The pressure test may at least start you in the right direction... But, like in my case, the bad head on my truck held pressure, but I was at least able to rule out my EGR cooler in regards to leaks. There is a video on how to do that on this sight in the video section.

One thing I would do, is start calling around and find out who is recommended in your area to work on an ISX. I found one guy through my local Cummins shop, he was said to be the master of the ISX in my area. I never was able to get the truck in to him, as he had a months long wait to get the truck in. By then my motor had already failed and I wound up at the local International dealer for the in frame. But, call around and find out who is out there, you may end up in some guys barn in a corn field, and that is probably the guy that will diagnose and fix that motor. Where are you located? Maybe there is someone close by that can help you.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure - Waterloo - 07-06-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.