Boost pressure
02-29-2020, (Subject: Boost pressure ) 
RE: Boost pressure
Wildcard, I knew something wasn’t right. I have a diesel truck and it only has 4-5psi of boost on flat ground and 16-18psi while pulling on flat ground. Can you PM me and let me know who is going to do your tuning? Thanks!
replyreply
03-01-2020, (Subject: Boost pressure ) 
It’s a 2007.... it’s stupid to even have a delete... it likely didn’t even have a dpf filter yet. Isx didn’t get that until 2008 so I’m thinking isl would be the same. If you can’t get help here because the recommended guys are buried in work then have Cummins put it back to stock. Stop driving it before it blows a head gasket with that kind of boost.
replyreply
(03-01-2020 )Magard Wrote:  It’s a 2007.... it’s stupid to even have a delete... it likely didn’t even have a dpf filter yet. Isx didn’t get that until 2008 so I’m thinking isl would be the same. If you can’t get help here because the recommended guys are buried in work then have Cummins put it back to stock. Stop driving it before it blows a head gasket with that kind of boost.

it’s stupid to even have a delete...
You can't be serious....
Introducing soot into the intake is horrible thing to do to a motor....

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Brock
(03-01-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 )Magard Wrote:  It’s a 2007.... it’s stupid to even have a delete... it likely didn’t even have a dpf filter yet. Isx didn’t get that until 2008 so I’m thinking isl would be the same. If you can’t get help here because the recommended guys are buried in work then have Cummins put it back to stock. Stop driving it before it blows a head gasket with that kind of boost.

it’s stupid to even have a delete...
You can't be serious....
Introducing soot into the intake is horrible thing to do to a motor....
For a random guy in a motorhome. The motorhome would fall apart before the egr gas would kill the engine. Now look at the calamities this crap delete has caused. Luckily he’s found this site. Statistically I’ll bet deletes have killed more engines than emissions ever could. I’ve seen nothing but complete disasters of deletes except ones done by the guys in the “know”. If you get my drift.
Head gaskets and ruined blocks galore with the delete crowed unless done right. Very few done right.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
I think your mostly right Magard, except like the 870 that ISL egr is probably a bad design and prone to failure and constant check engine lights and $1000 egr valves once a year.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-01-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  I think your mostly right Magard, except like the 870 that ISL egr is probably a bad design and prone to failure and constant check engine lights and $1000 egr valves once a year.

Cracked coolers as well, way to much egr to meet emissions standards. SCR technology definitely helped.
replyreply
(02-29-2020 )Blueovalnut Wrote:  Wildcard, I knew something wasn’t right. I have a diesel truck and it only has 4-5psi of boost on flat ground and 16-18psi while pulling on flat ground. Can you PM me and let me know who is going to do your tuning? Thanks!

I reccomend you PM Rawze and ask him, he may know someone who is local to you. I feel being this work was done prior to your ownership, and not knowing your mechanical abilities...you might want someone to physically work on that engine.

Is the egr/cooler and dpf still on it or did they pull it all off? My 1st thought is most like to keep the dpf on and say it will stay clean passively, which is horse crap.
replyreply
The EGR cooler and valve are still on the engine. The crossover pipe has been removed and blocker plates have been installed in its place. Only problem I see there is the exhaust gas is still going through the cooler due to where the blocker plate was installed. Also it came with a DPF, but it’s be de-mandated. The coach is a 2008, but the engine is a 2007... at least that is what I was told. “ISL EPA 07” Thanks again for everyone’s replies and help.
replyreply
You should also check for exhaust restrictions. That de-mandated DPF could be clogged up if it wasn't done correctly, causing excessive back pressure that the engine/turbo is trying to overcome. I would also take a real good look at that turbo. If it isn't the cause of the problem then it's probably suffered greatly as a result.

And, as others have said, you need to have the ecm program looked at by Rawse or someone else recommended here.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.