ECFG File CM2350
03-01-2020, (Subject: ECFG File CM2350 ) 
ECFG File CM2350
Hello,
New to the Form and some great stuff here!! I made the mistake of letting someone delete 4 of my trucks and the worst mistake I ever made. The guy was a real hack, guted the doc and DPF, Left the SCR but cut all the wiring and welded shut the sensor bungs. I flipped out then and asked WHY!!!!
Two are CM2250'S and two CM2350'S We cant stop eating turbos on the 2250'S I just did In Frames on the 2350'S over the carbon packing issue and putting them back to stock. Rawzes articles were a huge help and liners all at .014 now
I have Calterm 5 (bootleg)and Im looking for the correct ECFG file. It appears the current Cal file is EF10067.42 The trucks after deleted had 1065 installed but on Insite it shows EF10067 should be the correct file.
Im new to this and do not know what most of you do but trying to learn, whats the difference between the ECFG file and the Cal file? Cant you just update the truck with the correct Cal file?

VIN 1NPXX4EX9FD271463
Serial 79736608
ECM 5317106

Where do you find what ECFG file is correct? I beieve its a BDR file but I see many listed on other forms and EBAY. Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202003/post_4781_1583080980_f36c4d73663ad502a0442c1e2369c59a.png
replyreply
RE: e@#fg File CM2350
It doesn’t work like that. Ecfg file is the configuration file. Cal file is what runs the engine. Calterm gives you access to something like 12000 different parameters and tables for the 2250. And like 17000 for the 2350. It sounds like your going to be plenty busy fixing the scr cans. The cal files need to be custom to fix your hack delete. I would pm Uniliever or Mommaburt.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rodota
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3190

This will tell you how to find out.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rodota
Newest member of the bad delete collection, very sad. On the bright side you found this place!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
RE: ECFG File CM2350
Thanks Guys. Im not asking for anyone to give me a file as I understand Rawze is against trading these here. Im trying to find out how I know where to start and what one but I see a few replies Ill look into.

Would it be best to have the dealer program?
replyreply
RE: ECFG File CM2350
Spoke to him on the phone...

He has 4 trucks that were butchered up (programming) by a well-known place in texas a couple years ago for about $3,000 per truck, all they did was programming remotely over teamviewer for them and completely rip them off in return for horrible programming and false promisses!. The engines have repeatedly destroyed turbochargers because the turbo and other ecm mappings were never programmed correctly. -- typical bad delete!.

NOW,... 2 years later,.. and many failed components ... they regret even having any of this stuff done at this point ... it is killing them financially.

--- Does this sound familiar to anyone ?---

Unfortunately, this is the typical outcome of most of these engines with this kind of work.

Problem is --- THEY TOLD HIM THAT THE SCR CANS DID NOT NEED TO BE HOLLOW!!! -- AND they have been running for 2 years WITH THE NOW SOOT-PLUGGED SCR CANS STILL INTACT!

-- He said he had purchased a new DOC and DPF for one of the trucks and is trying to put it back to stock/factory, undo it, but the morons who programmed the ECM jumped calibrations, and his copy of Insite is refusing to put the right program back into the ecm because he will have to use a different calibration than what the moron delete shop put in. <- more than likely, it was a file dumped in from another truck somewhere,... how lovely it is to find out you spent $3,000 bucks FOR A STOLEN FILE OUT OF SOME ELSE'S TRUCK, WHO ALSO HAD A BAD DELETE!--- What a kick in the guts!.

So this was his problem... He is trying to put the right factory calibration in the ecm that belongs to the truck and ecm... However, since the old "deleted" garbage program does not match this, his legit copy (paid for pro version 8.x thru cummins) is refusing to flash it because it thinks the calibration number on the delete program when connecting to the truck is the right one.

To fix this, he will have to do one of the following ...

* Purchase a fleet count (from his vendor/cummins) for his legit 8.6 version, so that he can jump calibration numbers using that fleet count, and then it will let him put the right one back in.

**OR**

* Go get a pirated ver. of insite w all the fleet counts, etc... off the internet and use that to flash it.

**OR**

* Use "C a l t e r m" to edit the file in the ecm, setting the calibration info setting to fool Insite into allowing it to flash it.

-- Whichever way he goes,.. he also needs to make an ecm template in Insite so that he does not loose his truck dash settings as well.

----------------

I see this guy is trying to do the right thing .. he is trying to undo this nightmere that the (very well known shop) clowns out of texas did to royally f$uk up his enigne(s)... he said it is far less headache to keep after the emissions systems than to repeatedly replace turbochargers and failing engines.

Problem is that those SCR canisters,.. they are TOAST! -- This is going to be an uphill battle for him, and he will end up replacing every one of those SCR canisters right along with those DOC/DPF units if he wants those systems to function correctly again. - He will also have to pull apart every single DEF line, screen, pump, tank, DEF injector, and that whole system and clean it all out and get rid of all the crystallized, old fluid in the lines, components, and tanks. I talk about this in a bit more detail here (second half of post)... he should likely read thru it carefully ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid50969

--- SAD THING --- Is that every single bit of all the headaches and failed egines/turbo's and all the headaches could have all been avoided if the job was done correctly. Not only that, but that bunch of morons took these people for $12,000 (or more), and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. <-- THAT IS WHAT THESE DELETE SHOPS DO!!!! --- THEY EXPLOIT YOU WHEN YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES AND TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEN DUMP IN SOME GARBAGE THEY GOT FOR FREE OFF THE INTERNET AND RIP YOU OFF/KICK YOU WHILE YOU ARE DOWN WITH A BUNCH OF FALSE PROMISES!-- THAT IS WHAT THEY DO!

--------------

This guy has an uphill battle to climb...
He needs to do one of 2 things at this point.

1)-- Spend all the money for new DOC/DPF, AND SCR elements, pull apart all of the egr, DEF, and emissions systems and clean them all out + replace the bad turbo, etc. whatever other damage has happened to these engines (like mentioned in that other post).

(assuming he lives in a foreign country for a moment here)...
2)-- Leave them de-mandated, correct the programming properly, GUT THE SCR ELEMENTS 100% OUT LIKE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!, and all the rest of what needs to happen to hopefully, straighten them out.

-- Trouble is that with them running for 2+years like this, and bad programming,.. i see a lot of problem in his future no matter what road he goes. - The damage from running the cylinders too hot, constantly over-spooling and self-destructing turbo's that were never programmed properly, etc.. has most likely taken its toll on these engines, especially knowing there are drivers in these things that could care less how they are driven.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , snailexpress , Waterloo , Techmech , Roysbigtoys , hhow55 , LLT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.