2350 fuel rail decay
03-01-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
2350 fuel rail decay
So I have a 2017 Kenworth with a 2350 that’s been de mandated it has just over 229k on it the decay is so bad that when you shut it off while doing the fuel pressure test and turn it back on it’s gone from 29000 to a few hundred with in a few seconds the hi pressure relief valve is new and I had my shop guy tested it and said it works perfectly now when you’re running the pressure test you can hear the truck start running a lil on the rough side almost like it’s wanting to skip and if I run the cut out test it will run on one cylinder on all six any thoughts what it may be or what I should test next thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: 2350 fuel rail decay
I'd be more worried about a bad de-mandate program than fuel rail decay if it was not done by one of the respected members of this forum. - just throwing that out there, as bad programming has been seen waay too often. Pull a copy of the program out of the ecm (using CT) and send it to me for inspection if you want to know for sure.

--

As far as the fuel rail not holding pressure. - If it is dropping that fast, FIRST,.. re-torque all the feed tubes for the injectors, then do the test again. After that, you will need to isolate each of the injectors and find out which one(s) are bleeding fuel / are bad.

here is how Mr. Hag finds them...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...56#pid2556

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jokerone33
(03-01-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  I'd be more worried about a bad de-mandate program than fuel rail decay if it was not done by one of the respected members of this forum. - just throwing that out there, as bad programming has been seen waay too often. Pull a copy of the program out of the ecm (using CT) and send it to me for inspection if you want to know for sure.

--

As far as the fuel rail not holding pressure. - If it is dropping that fast, FIRST,.. re-torque all the feed tubes for the injectors, then do the test again. After that, you will need to isolate each of the injectors and find out which one(s) are bleeding fuel / are bad.

here is how Mr. Hag finds them...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...56#pid2556
I’d be happy to pull a copy of it and send it to you if I knew how to do this all I’ve got is insite I do have a video from insite and the injectors were just resealed about two weeks ago and I am going to have to look into that tester that you referenced that’s a very slick idea thanks
replyreply
if the injectors came out were new feed tubes going to them put in...if not then thats most likely the issue as they are a 1 time use item they are crush fit.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
When you say feed tubes are you talking about the steel lines that go to each injector from the rail? Wouldn't you see a bunch of fuel leaking out if they don't seal? I haven't had to take mine off yet so it's new to me, but I've also heard Rawze say they are one time use.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-02-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
(03-01-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  When you say feed tubes are you talking about the steel lines that go to each injector from the rail? Wouldn't you see a bunch of fuel leaking out if they don't seal? I haven't had to take mine off yet so it's new to me, but I've also heard Rawze say they are one time use.

no, when the crush-fit ends get leaky, they leak into the return circuit.. not to the outside. Also if an injector is leaky, it can either leak to the return circuit, or into the cylinder. depends on the failure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Brock , JimT , hhow55
All 6 of the feed tubes were just changed about two weeks ago as we were hoping that was the issue seeing as the truck doesn’t have all that many miles on it but it’s looking like I’m going to have to check each injector individually
replyreply
It could be more then one may need several feed line blockers

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jokerone33
I ordered something that Rawze had said Mr Hag finds them it looks like I can test one at a time that way says it will be to me Thursday and I’ll have to get a adapter and test each injector by them self I’m hoping is a injector rather than the fuel pump lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.