2350 fuel rail decay
03-02-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
RE: 2350 fuel rail decay
Do you notice any slobber around the exhaust manifold. If the injector is leaking into the cylinder then sometimes it will show it’s self that way. Moisture around cylinder head exhaust port and manifold.
replyreply
No it’s all dry and clean around the manifold no leaks at any of the exhaust connection
replyreply
Well then it’s test tool time then. I found my tired injectors because of slobber.
replyreply
03-03-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
(03-01-2020 )Jokerone33 Wrote:  So I have a 2017 Kenworth with a 2350 that’s been de mandated it has just over 229k on it

Spoke to him on the phone. He says his CM2350 engine is making 40 lbs boost ... oouch!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Uh oh. Sounds like another addition to the bad delete collection.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Now the truck has always put out 40 psi from the day I took delivery of it brand new and the kid that did the work for me was a good friend of mine who was trying to learn how to do these things correctly he was still learning all the ins and outs of said things he did tragically loose his life in a accident about two months after he did this work and I didn’t realize that it’s too much boost because like I said it was this way from new but I understand more now after speaking with Rawze today and if it needs to be changed it will be I didn’t spend what I did buying this truck to waste money I want this motor to last as long as possible but I don’t expect it to make a million miles seeing as the truck pulls 117k all day 5 days a week
replyreply
03-04-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
(03-03-2020 )Jokerone33 Wrote:  Now the truck has always put out 40 psi from the day I took delivery of it brand new ...

That is about right for a 600hp factory engine with the egr all in tact... but you remove that egr gas and that AR of that turbo goes up + a lot more oxygen == you have to lower the boost pressure to about 33~ish max for it to run correctly and safely (same hp and torque) without it fighting its own exhaust pressures and being way to lean/hard on the cylinders and liners.

Anyone who would say otherwise is only fooling themselves and has little to no understanding on how these newer engines work. with spray angles on the injectors almost horizontal and higher than normal compression ratios in them, they are nothing at all like their older cousins.

-- BTW: Why would u expect it to not last a million miles (or close to it anyways) if it is driven right (not lugged it to an agonizing death with that horrible 2000 ft-lbs torque settings in the low rpm ranges below 1500 rpm under heavy loads), oil changed based on fuel mileage, that programming fixed and boost pressured put back in spec, etc... even with it pushing 117k loads. -- Proper driving habits, proper care, good programming, etc... all add up to decent longevity,.. or its untimely demise -- its your choice and in your own hands.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Jokerone33
03-04-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
I figured it would last to in the 800k rang because of the idle time I have with what I do and as I said if it needs to be changed in the programming I’ll make sure it dose get done I didn’t realize that these motors had such a hi compression ratio in them until you had explained it to me and it does make sense to me I never put to much thought into it being to much boost pressure until you had explained it to me and honestly without it being explained when I had the work done I would have thought that something was wrong with the tune but I now know otherwise and I will get it taken care of I change my oil every 15k miles with a synthetic blend do oil analysis every time I definitely want the motor to last as long as possible they’re way to expensive to not have right I don’t lug it way down because of the weight I pull (she don’t like it) when loaded I don’t let it go below 1400 and with the hearing and the transmission I can keep it right between 1400 and 1700 at all times I do value what you say Rawze it dose make sense to me I had just never had anybody explain it to me before and I do thank you for that
replyreply
03-05-2020, (Subject: 2350 fuel rail decay ) 
Ok so it’s two bad injectors #2 and #6 block them off and if holds right at 28500 in the fuel rail for a very long time
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.