2350 oil pan torque?
03-04-2020, (Subject: 2350 oil pan torque? ) 
2350 oil pan torque?
Can anyone tell me what the torque sequence and torque specs are on 2350 ISX oil pan?

Thanks
replyreply
RE: 2350 oil pan torque?
register your engine serial number on cummins quickserve you can get all the information for torque specs and sequences there.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sprayerman
(03-04-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  register your engine serial number on cummins quickserve you can get all the information for torque specs and sequences there.

Ok I will try that. I have attempted once before and seemed to have trouble. Not sure what I was doing wrong.
replyreply
(03-04-2020 )sprayerman Wrote:  
(03-04-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  register your engine serial number on cummins quickserve you can get all the information for torque specs and sequences there.

Ok I will try that. I have attempted once before and seemed to have trouble. Not sure what I was doing wrong.

It is easy to strip the front 3 screws on the pan if the correct torque is not used. They screw into the aluminum front gear housing, and it is easy to mess them up if someone uses a speed gun on them. - If the pan has been off before by other shops/places, it is very common to find one or more gets stripped out when you try to torque them properly.

just some thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Roysbigtoys , sprayerman
(03-04-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-04-2020 )sprayerman Wrote:  

It is easy to strip the front 3 screws on the pan if the correct torque is not used. They screw into the aluminum front gear housing, and it is easy to mess them up if someone uses a speed gun on them. - If the pan has been off before by other shops/places, it is very common to find one or more gets stripped out when you try to torque them properly.

just some thoughts.

Well you were right on a handful have been drilled out and replaced with a bigger bolt. One of the front ones they stripped out a second time. Not sure what to do with it now. Thoughts?
replyreply
You could helicoil it if enough meat is left. If not I guess don't worry about it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sprayerman
03-05-2020, (Subject: 2350 oil pan torque? ) 
Helicoil, grind the sharp edge of the very tip of the drill so that it does not bite into the soft aluminum. And make sure you drill straight and true. It is easy to do, just make sure you grind that drill bit, because if you don’t, it has a tendency to grab and mess up the hole, trust me on that. FleetPride sells the helicoils, they come in a large amount of sizes, so you should find one that works.

Rawze showed me that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , sprayerman , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.