Insite and N14
03-04-2020, (Subject: Insite and N14 ) 
Insite and N14
Maybe a dumb question but have never had the need to get into ECM of a N14 Celect or Celect Plus.

Does Insite and standard Nexiq equipment i use to connect to ISX's work for N14. And is same Protocol's

Cannot get one to connect and do not know if ECM is bad or i do not have proper equipment
replyreply
RE: Insite and N14
Insite works fine for an N14, seen it used on them a few times .. but that engine uses the older J1708 protocol.

maybe Uni or Mommaburt can elaborate further, as I don't work with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Signature620 , Smooth
Celect engines use J1708, not J1939. Some of the Celect engines also used a 2 pin Weatherpack connector instead of a 6 pin Deutsch type.

Be very careful with Celect ECMs because they are quite expensive.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Smooth
if your running a usb link 2 then you will most likely have to manually select 1708. 7.6.2 also has issues with the nexiq 2 and 1708 n14's, an update to SP5 will usually sort that issue out.

They work fine, and as already said be very careful with celects, and coming on celect plus's as they are getting very pricey and fail easily.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Smooth , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.